06 overhead console instant MPG??? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 7 Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
RiverRat Ram
Triple R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
06 overhead console instant MPG???

My 2000 CTD overhead computer would give me instant fuel economy as well as average. With my 2006, I can only get an overall average to come up. It was just kinda nice to see how your mileage changed according to how you drove. Am I missing something or did they take that option away?????? Maybe something the dealer can add????

Sold

2006 Dodge Mega Cab 2500 CTD 4X4 Laramie

Mineral Gray

- Recon smoked LED clearance lights - Bedrug with RAM emblem - Mopar wheel well liners.- Mopar oval tube steps- Putco SSR bed rails.- Pace Edwards remote retractable bed cover.- Windows tinted to 20%.- MBRP 4" exhaust - AEM Workhorse intake. - 07 headlights.- SLT front bumper- Line of Fire lightbar- SRT 10 hood

Gone but not forgotten:
2000 Dodge 2500 QC CTD 4x4 Laramie
-2 inch Skyjacker lift- 33x12.5 BFG All Terrains- Banks chip, High Ram intake- straight piped 5 inch exhaust- K & N air filter

Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-04-2007, 04:00 AM
RANDYZ

The '06's only have average mpg. Best you can do is get to cruising speed and hit the reset button to see you mpg.

2004 Ram Hemi Sport Black
2005 Ram Daytona "Go mango"
2006 Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi 4x4 Inferno Red (repurchased by Dodge under Lemon Law for vibration)
2007 Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi Laramie Inferno Red (Thanks Dodge!)
2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab Laramie w/sunroof. Black.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
KB112

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to KB112
I believe that feature went bye-bye in 2003. My 02 Ram had that feature as well, but my 04 does not.

KB

2004 5.7L Quad Cab
1/8: [email protected] --- 1/4: [email protected]
Exterior: Blacked Out 06-20"s, 295/50-20 Falkens, 2/4 Drop - Hotchkis coils/DJM Flip, Sport Conversion, Mopar Air Dam, Good Hood, ARE Cover, Rollpan, Mopar fuel door, LED 3rd Brakelight, Black Headlights, HID Fogs, Powdercoated Black SS Grille, Homebrew Powdercoated bumper grill with smoked turn signals
Interior: Infinity pkg, Slammed1 Bezel, BedRug, SRT Pillar
Performance: Hotchkis F/R SwayBars, Bilsteins, MIT tube, AEM Wideband, Comp 260, 6.1L Pushrods, 6.1L Exhaust Springs, QTP Cutout, Super Chips, NGK 4306s, Taylor Wires, TransGo Shift Kit, AT3030, CalTracs.
Awaiting Install:Thorley Mid's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
HemiBoatPuller

My old 2000 had the instant reading.... back then when gas prices did not have a 3 as the first digit... it was fun to see now low the instant reading was under hard acceleration.

I tried hitting reset on the way to work today on my 06... and was getting 15.9 on the overhead on the freeway.... WOW my stop and go driving is really killing my average.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
NUTTSQUAD03

I hit reset on my '07 last night on the way home to see what I was getting. normal after work driving was getting 23.4 with mds, and 19.8 with the tow/haul on. top speed was only 45mph though too.

Back in the truck again!

2013 White Ram Express Crew Cab.

Ready to play!
post #6 of 7 Old 04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
sca

Send a message via MSN to sca
I guess Dodge thought we get scared when we see the true value of Fuel being injected. I had that feature in other vehicles, typically the numbers get ridiculously low for mpg readings. You most likely don't make a mile to the gallon under WOT and acceleration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-04-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
RiverRat Ram
Triple R

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info, guys. Kinda sucks they took that feature away, but like you said HemiBoatPuller, it would cost alot more now to watch the number get smaller, so I guess the novelty of watching it go up and down when you punch the gas, kinda loses its effect.

Sold

2006 Dodge Mega Cab 2500 CTD 4X4 Laramie

Mineral Gray

- Recon smoked LED clearance lights - Bedrug with RAM emblem - Mopar wheel well liners.- Mopar oval tube steps- Putco SSR bed rails.- Pace Edwards remote retractable bed cover.- Windows tinted to 20%.- MBRP 4" exhaust - AEM Workhorse intake. - 07 headlights.- SLT front bumper- Line of Fire lightbar- SRT 10 hood

Gone but not forgotten:
2000 Dodge 2500 QC CTD 4x4 Laramie
-2 inch Skyjacker lift- 33x12.5 BFG All Terrains- Banks chip, High Ram intake- straight piped 5 inch exhaust- K & N air filter

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in