Anyone Installed Bilsteins On 2500/3500 4x4s? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 3 Old 04-03-2007, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Stu B

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Anyone Installed Bilsteins On 2500/3500 4x4s?

Or a 1500 MegaCab 4x4? This is with OEM springs. What was the outcome both on pavement/concrete and on dirt in terms of ride control and comfort and wheel hop etc.? Thanks in advance.

StuB
'06 1500 MegaCab 4x4
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
dachman1

Yep, I got em'. Love em'. Wouldn't buy anything else. There's no wheel hop. They're not too plush on road like a Cadi, but they're not too stiff either. Off road is great too. I can't really describe it any better than that.

I wouldn't question them at all. The only choice is whether to get the ones with the extra reservoir or not. My choice was not.... The guys at the off-road shop said you'd never notice any difference on-road or towing. Most of my off road is just for fun and I'm not into beating the truck up.

Here is a link to the Bilsteins that are marketed my Superlift. They show the sizes you need for each type of lift application and whether you choose the reservoir or not. The ones without are basically the 5100's.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/W_shocks_SL_SS_SSR.htm

06 2500 4x4 CTD QC LWB Big Horn-SLT

- Current Mods -
35x12.5-17 Mickey Thompson MTZ Tires, 17x9 Moto Metal 951 Wheels, 6" Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Bushwacker Extend-A-Flare's, Mopar Black Step Bars, Fender Liners, Prodigy Brake Controller, Defiant Dual Steering Stabilizer and Front Diff Skid Plate, Line-X, BullyDog Outlook Monitor, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar.

- Computer Enabled Options -
Fog's on w/ High's, High Idle, Power Off Delay, Max Tire Size Setting

Recommended Local Shop - Source Automotive, Gladstone, OR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
shayzj

Yeah I tried them on my stock Power Wagon. I like them and DC does as well.

Shay

05 Power Wagon with 35x12.5x17 Yokohama Mt's

Line-xed rocker panels
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in