Wanted - Recommendations for Gen 5 DGC - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
blasirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Wanted - Recommendations for Gen 5 DGC

MOD's: This is the second time posting this - if it is not allowed, please tell me where I can post it, but don't delete outright without at least informing me.

My wife's current DD is a 2012 DGC SE plus with about 94,000 on the clock. It was recently T-boned by a dump truck and is in need of replacement. I have not yet brought it to a body shop, so it may be repairable, but for how much. Both passenger doors, the roof, front fender and rocker panel and possibly a seat and all of the passenger side air bags will need to be replaced. Funny thing though, it drives like prior to the accident.

Anyways, I was hoping someone could tell me the best 1 or 2 years of the Gen 5's I should look for. Are there any special packages that are must haves? Any issues at certain mileages to look out for? Average price ranges.. anything to help me choose another one ... soon.

Thanks for looking

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus

2014 Chevy Cruze LT auto (Pedestal Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam, Diode Dynamics XP50 Reverse Lights, splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Eibach Pro-kit, Bilstein Sport Struts, UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-06-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
blasirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well, I had hoped for at least one answer.

I ended up buying a 2015 SE+ that had more features than three SXT's we looked at. The only things the SXTs had were the power sliding doors and rear tailgate that we really did not want and a bigger console.

The SE+ had 17" rims, front and rear DVD player, wireless headphones and a few other items. One thing I found was that the floor doors / covers for the stow away seats were really cheaped out in the 2015. We ended up changing the ones from our 2012 into the 2015. The 12's had a piano hinge all the way across the door, the lock mechanism went all the way across and the noise seal was way better. The 15's were minimal in order to get the job done.

"Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus

2014 Chevy Cruze LT auto (Pedestal Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam, Diode Dynamics XP50 Reverse Lights, splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Eibach Pro-kit, Bilstein Sport Struts, UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Tags
best gen 5 grand caravan , purchasing help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in