1996 Indy Pace truck - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 15 Old 11-16-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Brian_RO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1996 Indy Pace truck

i was wondering if anyone knew where to get the door decals for a 1996 Dodge Indy Pace truck, if they are being repo or should i start hitting the dealerships?
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-16-2006, 06:00 PM
RAM MAN
Originating Member

might try these guys:

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d.htm#truck

Quote:
Good luck on your project.
post #3 of 15 Old 11-16-2006, 08:26 PM
05SilverHemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM MAN
If those decals are decent I would buy them. My buddy did the body on his Indy Ram last winter. For the decals, minus the striped kit was around $500 from Mopar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-17-2006, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Brian_RO

(Thread Starter)
RAM MAN, thanks for the link i will have to give them a call and see what they can do for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360sport
If those decals are decent I would buy them. My buddy did the body on his Indy Ram last winter. For the decals, minus the striped kit was around $500 from Mopar.
YIKES!! i didn't think those door decals would be that expensive. i can have the stripes painted on but those decals would be a major problem. the ones that are on the truck now aren't that bad but i was thinking of repainting the truck in the next year or so.

i wonder if those door decals would handle clear coat?

if they could then i would just leave them on and work around them and when the paint was cleared just clear the decals along with it and that way there wouldn't be any ridges and there would be alittle more protection against fadding or peeling.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
RAM MAN
Originating Member

good question

let us know if you find out about the clear coat

Quote:
post #6 of 15 Old 11-17-2006, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Brian_RO

(Thread Starter)
well, here's alittle up date. i called Phoenixgraphix today and talked with a fellow about those door decals.

he told me that they didn't make them and he also said there wasn't any plans to at this time but he wouldn't rule out anything for the future.

i emailed one of my MP suppliers and got an answer back from him, he said they were still available but the price for both sides including the American flags were right at $562.00.

so that's where i'm at right now, i guess i'm going to need to do somemore research and see if it is possible to clear coat those decals although i have a gut feeling it isn't possible.

i don't plan on doing anything to the truck this winter so that will give me some time to figure out just what to do.

if i ever come up with a better solution then the original MP decals i will let everyone know.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Big Joe SS/T
GROUNDED

Send a message via AIM to Big Joe SS/T
i wouldnt bother if its not an indy. its like putting a lexus emblem on a corolla.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-17-2006, 07:54 PM
RAM MAN
Originating Member

sorry that lead didn't work out

I didn't know for sure ... I guess they make some Indy stuff, just not the door decals you need

my bad

Quote:
post #9 of 15 Old 11-17-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Brian_RO

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe SS/T
i wouldnt bother if its not an indy. its like putting a lexus emblem on a corolla.
i know exactly what you mean about not putting a set of indy stripes and decals on a non indy truck but this truck is an original pace truck.

the true question is how bad do i want to keep it original and how much time and money do i want to put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM MAN
sorry that lead didn't work out

I didn't know for sure ... I guess they make some Indy stuff, just not the door decals you need

my bad
RAM MAN, no need to oppologize. i more then happy for the extra help and a person just never knows until they make that contact with the company.

i'm still open for opinions and suggestions about other vendors.

here's a couple of photos of the truck when i picked it up last week, kinda weird seeing one of those trucks with the painted rear step bumper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96 dodge indy.jpg (39.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 96 dodge indy3.jpg (42.0 KB, 2 views)
post #10 of 15 Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 AM
satora

Very nice truck Brain.
post #11 of 15 Old 11-20-2006, 09:32 AM
BaggedIndy

I went to IndyTruck.org I believe and picked up a set for $100 from a guy on there. I got all the decals minus the stripes.
post #12 of 15 Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Brian_RO

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by satora
Very nice truck Brain.
satora thanks very much for the compliment, i just sorta torn on what to actually do with it. part of me says to restore it since it is in good shape with all the #'s in place and another part of me says not to worry about it and just drive it.
looks like i'll have plenty of thinking to do over the winter to make a final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedIndy
I went to IndyTruck.org I believe and picked up a set for $100 from a guy on there. I got all the decals minus the stripes.
BaggedIndy, that is a price i was thinking they should be worth coarse i have never bought anything for these type of trucks so i'm yet to figure out just what is expesive on them.

i went on the IndyTruck.org web site before i bought this truck to make sure i had enough info on the pace trucks so i knew what i was buying but i wasn't able to access the parts for sale. i thought maybe it was because a person had to be a member of the club and i just don't know if i'm ready to fork out the anual fee for it yet.
post #13 of 15 Old 11-20-2006, 01:21 PM
BaggedIndy

I didn't join either. Seems like I just posted a message looking for repop decals and a guy offered them to me. I did find this today though.
http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/pr...plym_truck.asp
post #14 of 15 Old 11-22-2006, 07:36 AM
RM Indy
Ram Racer

Nice looking Indy Brian, its rare to see one with a bumper on it.

Thanks for the link baggedIndy

11 Bighorn 4x4 5.7, K&N FIPK, BD GT+, Herculiner, Extang Encore, Bedrug
Toy...96 Ram Indy
408ci/8.5cr all forged/billet
Procharger D-1SC (polished) w/3core a/a intercooler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tons of pics, timeslips, videos, installs, downloads & more check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(ets in sig pic = mild 360 w/7psi @ approx 390-400rwhp)

post #15 of 15 Old 11-22-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Brian_RO

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedIndy
I didn't join either. Seems like I just posted a message looking for repop decals and a guy offered them to me. I did find this today though.
http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/pr...plym_truck.asp
i will keep that in mind about the indyram site and thanks very much for that link on stencilsandstripes. i might have to get on the phone after the holiday's and see if that price is for both doors or if they are singles for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Indy
Nice looking Indy Brian, its rare to see one with a bumper on it.

Thanks for the link baggedIndy
RM Indy, thanks very much for the compliment. yes from what i can tell it is rare for that rear bumper, i haven't seen any in person that has had the rear bumper so it is strange to see it on there although with the way people drive in my neighborhood i'm glad it's on there.

i was on your web site not long ago and that is very impressive what you have done with that truck of yours. i hope your able to make it to the track more in the up coming year and those ET's keep dropping for you.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in