DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

retrofitted projector headlights(quad headlights)

10K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  CMerritt84 
#1 ·
i bout me a replacement set of oem headlights on egay and got me some morimoto mini bixenon projectors and put em in the low beam hole. so now i got halogen high beams(useless) and now i got high beams in my projectors. total cost was about 120 for projectors bulbs and shrouds and 120 for used oem quad lights. 240 dollars later- hopefully some useable light on the road plus i got 9005 bulbs in my fogs so i should be able to see

ROAD/WALL/NIGHT SHOTS WILL BE EDITED IN LATER. I JUST DID THE RETRO TODAY

and yes that is my 98 durango on the right side of one of the pix

See less See more
#3 ·
what you mean dope???

#26 ·
:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny

Looks bad ass man

#5 ·
ok i didnt know what that meant. plus from a distance they look oem thats what i like.they dont look way out of place

#8 ·
interesting. not sure I like the circle in the rectangle look - but I am sure I can get over that for the light I would get from a projector.

How tough was the install? cracking the lights open that is?

#10 ·
cracking open the lights was easy as hell. used heat gun on the flat part thats next to the grill first got it loose then top and then bottom and fender side. easy as hell. and those are not the largest projector that will fit. i chose them based on ease of install. they basically bolt in the headlight bulb hole that the stock low beam goes in. take out that dumb bulb sheild and put em in and tighen them up. i knew i would be the envy of the 4G ram owners when i did my projector retro

#30 ·
cracking open the lights was easy as hell. used heat gun on the flat part thats next to the grill first got it loose then top and then bottom and fender side. easy as hell. and those are not the largest projector that will fit. i chose them based on ease of install. they basically bolt in the headlight bulb hole that the stock low beam goes in. take out that dumb bulb sheild and put em in and tighen them up. i knew i would be the envy of the 4G ram owners when i did my projector retro
So you used a heat gun instead of putting the lights in the oven to open them?

#11 ·
pix as req'd

low beam on wall 20' away

high beam on wall 20'

low beam on highway

#20 ·
do it i can tell you that you will think them 12k hids you got now suck compared to true hid projectors. if you live close to me we could even compare light setups. but we all know the 4G rams headlights suck. not mine!!!!

#15 ·
read the sticker

#16 ·
can you post up the exact link from TRS that has the projectors, bulbs and shrouds for $120?

#18 · (Edited)
i got that deal because this is the 3rd retro kit i bought from matt. 1st was a set of fx-rs and 2nd a set of morimoto minis now i got another set of minis.

normally just the minis run 135 for the pair but im a return customer and i got free shipping on my order

#17 ·
Sell me your stock quad lights!

#19 ·
i prolly better hang on to em incase i have a problem with my retrofitted lights. i have been having hid issues. first the right one goes out and wont come back on for about 20 min. then i run a relay for the ballasts off the left low beam and then both go out and wont come back on for 20 min. now i got the left one hooked up normally(it never gave trouble) and the right one hooked off a relay getting signal from the left one. so im keeping them incase i need to put em back in due to hid issues. or if i might trade them to you for that diablosport trinity

#22 ·
i am running hid bulbs 6000k h1s

#23 ·
Trade my $450+ Trinity for $65 apiece headlights? No. The conversion does look nice though.

#24 ·
just pulling your chain about that

#25 ·
Kool. I thought I was going to have to classify you as bat shit crazy. Those retrofits would probably work nicely in my Dual headlights.

#27 ·
well i am bat shit crazy read my user name. plus you could put bigger shrouds in your dual headlihgts. the high beam spot is keeping me from putting a bigger one on to fill the light better. plus you would not have to dremel out the hole like i did

#28 ·
looks neat. i am not happy with the light output our trucks put out stock, but i could never do this mod myself. I would end up breaking everything , and my headlights would look terrible afterwards.

yours on the otherhand, are pretty sweet my friend!

#32 ·
if you ups me your headlight and pay me 250 parts and labor i will do this for you too

#29 ·
those look great

#31 ·
yes i did. it was much easier than using an oven

#33 ·
i knew i would be the envy of the 4G ram owners after i did this

#34 ·
very tempting.... VERY tempting. let me think about it. my wife will have a stroke if i spent $250 on modding the headlights that i gave $250 for. $500 total on my headlights will probably get me a divorce. but, we will see

#35 ·
trust me once your wife sees the results she will say why didnt you do it sooner haha. im halfway considering a side business doing this for 4g ram owners. send stock lights to me plus 250 paypal parts and labor and i do the retro and send back.

#37 ·
just gotta chime in and say that is a nice setup. Don't feel alone on the hid problems. I have spent over 20 hours total tryin' to get all my little gremlins out and have had to get three replacement ballasts. If you come up with something that works and stays working could you let me know? Thanks man.

#39 ·
where you live in ga? we could meet up and you can check out my setup. pm me with city and phone number

#38 ·
call nate at the retrofit source at 614-653-3451. he can order a harness for our trucks to eliminate the hid problems we are having

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.