cat converter causing power loss? - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 25 Old 05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
dodgetruckthril
Silver Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if you gut the cat you have and reweld it in it will look factory and unless u tell people who would know? just sawz-all it and ramrod it with a broom.

OR... just grab a chunk of pipe from a auto parts store and sell the cat to a recycler.

OR...If you want to stay clean,

... just park in the hood and leave a hack saw on the ground by your truck.... That darn Cat will be gone when u get back, trust me! That is a jumbo rock for the heads!

I do feel like some of the other guys tho, y not just throw a new free flowing unit in there. You get the performance and can still have the moral high road.

b

oh yeah, just a hacksaw blade no handle or they will but a window and you will not have a truck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 05-26-2009, 11:27 AM
jayoung08
4x4's-r-me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruckthril View Post
if you gut the cat you have and reweld it in it will look factory and unless u tell people who would know? just sawz-all it and ramrod it with a broom.

OR... just grab a chunk of pipe from a auto parts store and sell the cat to a recycler.

OR...If you want to stay clean,

... just park in the hood and leave a hack saw on the ground by your truck.... That darn Cat will be gone when u get back, trust me! That is a jumbo rock for the heads!

I do feel like some of the other guys tho, y not just throw a new free flowing unit in there. You get the performance and can still have the moral high road.

b

oh yeah, just a hacksaw blade no handle or they will but a window and you will not have a truck!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you drive a HEMI you kind of throw the Environmental Moral High Road Idea out the window.

Jason
2004 Durango 5.7 Hemi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SCT-TUNED BY HEMIFEVER

Take a kid ATVing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 25 Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
jayoung08
4x4's-r-me!

Talking Catless

Took the environmental low road. I think I'm the first 2nd generation Durango to go catless. Extremely pleased! The sound and performance is amazing. Not much of a difference in performance on the take off. Major difference around 2000-5000 rpms. Thanks for all the advise. Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headers 001.JPG (223.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg headers 002.JPG (220.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg headers 003.JPG (212.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg headers 004.JPG (236.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg headers 005.JPG (273.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg headers 006.JPG (254.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg headers 007.JPG (286.1 KB, 8 views)

Jason
2004 Durango 5.7 Hemi

SCT-TUNED BY HEMIFEVER

Take a kid ATVing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
cmh2007
Beware the Underbite!!!

good man

2009 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 SLT Lone Star, Patriot Blue. H&S XRT Pro 120hp tune with OD tuning. Full delete on the exhaust, waiting on the EGR.
Big Country Nerf Bars, Frontier Grill Guard
Blue Truck Club Member 251
*DodgeTalk.com 318 Enthusiast Member Number 3* (For the old truck)
4x4 Club #18

"I'm as sober as a field mice...mouces...mouce" - Anonymous

post #25 of 25 Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 AM
slamjr415

Nice werkkkk!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in