I need at least 25mpgee - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 27 Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
ozplanet
Just Call Me Oz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I thought about doing all of the aero dynamic changes but I don't do any highway miles all city.

94 SLT 1500
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flat Black 2wd

Mods: M1 / Comp Cams / 4.10 / 20" 3rd Gen Rims / 4/6 Drop / Flow Master 40's / All New Skins /

2010 Sport Crew Cab Black 4x4 5.7 3.92 Sport hood 10 Speaker Alpine w/nav

Mods: Diablo 91 Canned Tune / Billet Tech Oil Catch Can / Vararam Intake / Magnaflow Muffler / All Interior|Exterior Bulbs LED White / Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light / Recon LED Light Bar / Orange Striping / Lockpick / Debaged|Murdered / 2 12" Foxbox / 2 Alpine SWR-12D4 Subs / NVX JAD1200.1 1200w amp / Flat Black VIP Wheels VP2 / Black & Orange Leather / Orange Interior Accents with Gloss Black /

Soon: Race Rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff /

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 07-19-2008, 10:02 PM
ECONORAM
Acts 2:38-39

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Do you have an upgraded Ypipe?

(formerly daveb673)

2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/545RFE -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 --
(now
)--
and "Basking Shark" filter box-- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite --
--
(deleted) -- HO cams -- and now...a cabin air filter!!

2019 Jeep Cherokee -- 2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic [sold] --
-- Filtermag SS300
RETIRED -- me

2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, LA & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons

--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
post #23 of 27 Old 07-20-2008, 10:43 AM
bigmacdak
MYTYT

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davb673 View Post
No, I am living on the edge right now...no fan at all. My temp gauge has always stayed left of center, even sitting in traffic, so I am keeping a close eye on it since I removed it. Most folks have installed an electric fan like one from a 3.8 Taurus, a Lincoln Mark VII, a flexalite setup, or the Viper fan.
[edit] I run 40 psi in the tires, and am getting a Flowmaster Ypipe installed tomorrow! I am also going to install a belly panel on the truck, to see what it does to MPG when I drive to Utah this month... (my wife's Avenger has one from the factory!--it also has part of the front grill blocked off, just like the picture above.)

Please tell me the 4.7's in the rams have a backup electric fan like the dakotas do. Because I can tell you right now if your not using a fan of any kind & your temp gauge is still reading in the norm its most likely not working properly. Better watch that real close.....Could be BAD!

Currently Dodge-less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 Old 07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
ECONORAM
Acts 2:38-39

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmacdak View Post

Please tell me the 4.7's in the rams have a backup electric fan like the dakotas do. Because I can tell you right now if your not using a fan of any kind & your temp gauge is still reading in the norm its most likely not working properly. Better watch that real close.....Could be BAD!
Sorry about the partial highjack... Well, there is a fan on the a/c condenser, but not that also pulls through the radiator. I have learned if the outside temp goes above about 92*F, I cannot run the a/c while driving in town...coolant temp just rises too much. I've seen it go about 3 needle widths right of center, and then I was able to get rolling again (above 20mph) and it cooled right down... I am driving to Utah this week, and will keep a close eye on the temp and my MPG...
To the MPG end, I have replaced the Ypipe on my truck with a Flowmaster piece, and I have wrapped my exhaust manifolds with heat wrap. I have also blocked off part of the grille in front of the a/c condenser, and also installed some panels above and below the radiator to guide airflow into it (I figure guided airflow is better than unguided...). If I can get my pix downloaded, I'll add them to the post...
I haven't done a highway MPG check in a long time, so I am anxious to see how things go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0206.jpg (702.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0204.jpg (371.6 KB, 1 views)

(formerly daveb673)

2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/545RFE -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 --
(now
)--
and "Basking Shark" filter box-- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite --
--
(deleted) -- HO cams -- and now...a cabin air filter!!

2019 Jeep Cherokee -- 2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic [sold] --
-- Filtermag SS300
RETIRED -- me

2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, LA & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons

--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
post #25 of 27 Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 PM
97_ram_sport

i dont think no hydrogen generator or any other thing on the market is gonna make a 5.9 25 miles to the gallon just my honest opinion i have read that by putting a good free flowing exhaust cold air intake and good filter , synthetic fluids people have experince drastic increases in mpg so i got flowmasters and a k&n filter but am a little confused on the synthetic thing can i just change it over thats it or do i have to run a synthetic blend first i dont want nothing to ruin my motor cause i didnt do it right ? but anyway im new to this form my name is kelly and good luck on the 25 mpg get a honda civic j/k lol
post #26 of 27 Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Ram Pwnage
Ram Pwnage

Don't need to do anything fancy just switch to synthetic, pretty much anything off the shelf that isn't super specialized will mix fine with conventionals. I've been running mobil 1 synthetic oil in the truck since i bought it (used with 76000 miles), then switch to the extended performance mobil 1 when they released it. Read my sig, everything in the truck is synthetic. I have an open element filter but no exhaust, which i'm hoping is the problem cause my mileage sux. I get about 10 city, and 15 highway (@ 70mph).

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4
Yeah, it's got a HEMI!
Pretty much stock for now, still way better than my 98
post #27 of 27 Old 07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
charlie1935

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Drive down hill only.

Grouchy Old Man
Sport short bed
R&S Automotive cat back duals
SSBC slotted rotors
Tri wing tonneau cover
Ultra 50/51 16x10 wheels
265 70x16 Firestone Destination LE tires
3.55 rear
99-01 sport headlights with Silverstar bulbs
MSD coil
Fram Boost intake -Freebie. I won it
Edelbrock shocks
Yes, grandpas like toys too

87 D100 318 auto. stock

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in