DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAI ideas

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  wermbang 
#1 ·
Ok guys & gals, Thinking about changing my 3rd gen 360 intake to a 2nd gen intake. So I figure I would give everyone a chance to post pics of ANY CAI you have on the 5.2/5.9. Just trying to get a good idea for a custom intake, and maybe someone has an old school idea.

#2 ·
The Black Mamba

#3 ·
Well, here is what I did on my Durango when I had it (the Gr8whyt). Worked really well. Had it on for just over a year with no problems at all.

It is pieced together 4" PVC painted with Krylon Fusion paint and a Spectra cone filter. Used a 4" to 3" rubber plumbing boot and hose clamps to attach it to the TB. Drilled a hole in the boot little smaller than the air sensor and it popped right in. The Durangos originally had an air box so I cut it in half and used it as a heat shield.

...Did this just before HEMI5PNTSVN created the black mamba wth 3" plastic conduit. 6 of one half dozen of the other. I kinda like the conduit also,

Only reason I haven't done anything on the Ram yet is I can't figure out how to connect PVC or conduit directly to the TB without having to use an air hat.

Attachments

#5 ·
I agree ^^ open air element is cheaper and works good.

#7 ·
^^ Getting one of these for Father's day should be in tomorrow! :cool:

So off with my air element...it does work pretty good though. A little loud sometimes but it wakes up when you romp it on the freeway.

#9 ·
mine: replacing with 14x3 K&N used a K&N breather too

#10 ·
spectre performance CAI:rck:,..$113.00 form jegs

Attachments

#11 ·
That'a pretty nice for the price! I can't see gettin' a whole lot of ram air through the stock air chamber, though. Maybe it does? IDK. I have been looking at that on my truck. See if cutting it bigger or something. There really isn't a lot of room next to the radiator though, either.

#12 ·
well I was goning to put near the rad like (wermbang), but I didn't wont it to suck water in it win I go thrur a mud hole:D

#15 ·
I am also thinking about an outerwears for mine, and I have adjusted my bracket so it doesn't sit so low anymore.

#16 ·
like a scoop?

#17 ·
Not too worried about getting water in my CAI for my V10. I used the K&N Fipack and since the end is 5 1/2 feet off the ground don't plan on any water that deep.

#18 ·
No I turned the pipe more towards the top of the radiator support. It doesn't have as much down angle anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.