2009 Aftermarket Limited Slip and Traction Control - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
w_craig_wall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2009 Aftermarket Limited Slip and Traction Control

A year or so ago I added a Detroit Truetrac Limited Slip differential with Richmond 4.10 gears (tried 4.56, would not fit) on my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 2WD. It was equipped with 3.55 gears and an open differential. Everything is fine (save a slight gear whine) except the traction control no longer functions as intended. The IP indicator will flash when the wheels are spinning but you can roast the tires and there is no attempt by the PCM to interfere to mitigate the slippage. I have asked the dealer if there was a software flash or an option to enable in the Starscan to tell the truck it is now equipped with a Limited Slip differential. Of course they looked at me like I had two heads! I explained that it was an option from the factory. Claimed it couldn't be done aftermarket.

My question is how to get some semblance of traction control back? It will break the tires loose on a wet road North of 60 MPH! Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.

Last edited by w_craig_wall; 02-09-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 AM
White ShadoW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hm, addind a LSD or replacing stock LSD with truetrack does nothing to electrical part of the truck.
Traction control system works with ABS sensors. Do you have any problems with ABS system after diff replacement? Does ABS works correctly?
If there's a problem with ABS system, TCS will not work also as it uses signals from ABS sensors.

Dodge RAM Club Ukraine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in