Reman 46RE Going In, Any Upgrade Suggestions Before Install? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 4 Old 02-10-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Skeptic68w

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Reman 46RE Going In, Any Upgrade Suggestions Before Install?

Hey guys,

So I am warrantying the ETE Reman 46RE I put into my ram 2 years/10,000 miles ago. I had a TCC solenoid failure that caused some issues and when I dropped the pan I found a whole lot of metal so they're sending me a new one.

My question is, while I've got this nice new trans sitting out on the bench, is there anything I should do to it? I'm looking at throwing a Transgo TFOD-JR shift kit in it, and I've got a big auxiliary cooler, but that's about all right now.

Eventually, once I've got a good reason to dive into the bottom end of this 360, I'd like to do a mild cam, EQ heads, maybe a slight compression bump, and a dual plane m1 setup. Nothing too crazy, but somewhere in the 300-350 crank horsepower and 400lb-ft realm so I'd like the trans to be able to live behind an engine like that at least for a while.

The truck doesn't do much towing, but gets plenty of WOT passing and general use. Won't ever see sticky tires or the track. Has 4.10s in the axle.

Shift kit and good maintenance good enough?

Thanks
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 PM
spun360

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
put an inline oil filter on the cooler lines. derale makes a decent kit. I mounted mine on the frame rail outboard right ahead of the wheel well. and don't use the heat exchange in the rad. run straight to the cooler.

parts for sale
ask about my treadwright retread experience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

$150: 210lb double and dampener valve springs .550 lift
$pay shipping: new, dana/ spicer (1)greasable upper & (1)lower ball joint for dana 44
$pay shipping: new, standard oil pump
$pay shipping: new, super strength moog #377 frt axle hub universal w/ grease fitting
prices (for residence of the US)
cheep
shoot PMs my way
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Skeptic68w

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spun360 View Post
put an inline oil filter on the cooler lines. derale makes a decent kit. I mounted mine on the frame rail outboard right ahead of the wheel well. and don't use the heat exchange in the rad. run straight to the cooler.
I kinda like the idea of running that inline filter. My only concern would be flow. The pump has already gotta push that fluid through 2 full sized coolers (factory upgraded cooler and a hayden aftermarket one, small section in the rad was bypassed along with check ball). Can anyone comment for certain about whether or not running 2 coolers and an inline filter would be fine?

Yep, already bypassed. My 01 Off Road has the upgraded factory trans cooler (part of the heavy duty group or trailer tow group) and when I did the last reman install I also threw on the included hayden cooler required to keep the warranty so it's got 2 full size coolers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Moparite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
The cooler subject has been talked about before. If you live in Alaska bypassing the rad cooler is not a good idea. I live where temps can range from single digits to triple so i'm keeping the rad cooler. I also have the separate factory trans cooler so it works with both extremes. As for the upgrade look at the options available from patc. I installed some rare earth magnets in the pan, They will attract more metal debris than the stock one. Keep it out of the filter!

https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in