RAM 2013 1500 ST Crew Cab : Replacement for stock shocks? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 2 Old 10-03-2016, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Cainlord

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RAM 2013 1500 ST Crew Cab : Replacement for stock shocks?

I recently purchased a 2013 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab that the dealer updated with brand new Fuze 20 inch wheels and Nitto Grappler 2 tires, LT275/60R20s from what I recall.

We noticed a leak on the garage floor that appears to now be from one of the front shocks. I am working with the dealer on seeing if they will do anything about it (used vehicle 83K) since we saw it basically the morning after the first night we got it home, however, if that doesn't go well and we need to pay to fix, I am curious if its worth putting on another set of stockers, or, should be upgrade, and if so what to?

I have heard that billstein shocks are some of the best, but I am not sure what exactly I would need on my version of the RAM 1500 since I have seen a set of 4 "shocks" for less than $300 shipped from 4wd truck website. But would that be all that is needed?

Also, this vehicle for now is pretty much just replacing our family trip vehicle which was a Dodge Durango 2006 and maybe towing a small flatbed trailer once in awhile unless the wife pushes now for us to go camping

So figure a crew cab RAM 1500 full of people (6) and stuff in the bed.

Would the 4600s be good or should the 5100s be used?

Thanks for all the help, I am totally new to the truck thing.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-03-2016, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Cainlord

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
also one other thing, any issues replacing the fronts with say 4600s or 5100s and then doing the rears later?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in