Tapping Sound.???, Is It Normal.??? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

post #1 of 1 Old 03-28-2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
kineeshew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tapping Sound.???, Is It Normal.???

I've Just Recently Bought This Used 94 Dodge Intrepid 3.5L V6 - 218,000 Km Still Runs & Drives Pretty Solid, But I Got This Curious Question About It, Theres This Little Air Vacuum Sensor Looking Device On Passenger Side On Back Corner Firewall Under The Hood, It Has 3 Little Air Hoses Connected To It & Has A Plug-In With A Red Push Tab, Dont Know What Its Called But Thats My Way Of Describing It, But My Curiosity Is That It Starts Making A Low Fast Tapping Sound While Idling, Ive Replaced It With Another 1 Thinking It Was Failing And It Still Makes That Tapping Sound Checked The Hoses For Leaks Or Hissing Sounds Found Nothing, Im Really Not To Sure If That Is Normal Cause My Car Still Runs Fine & Pretty Quiet, & It Only Sounds After About 2 Minutes From Being Started Which I Dont Think Is Normal, There Is No Sign Of The Engine Light, But When Idling All I Can Hear Is That Tapping Sound Under The Hood, Is There Something Not Functioning With It???

Last edited by kineeshew; 03-28-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in