Steering wheel Radio Controls added with Pics - Page 15 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #281 of 553 Old 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
rcs72

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 05 Ram with the SWC's already, but put in a Alpine deck. How do I hook up the PAC SWI-Jack? I'm confused on which wire to cut in the column. The power & ground should be easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 553 Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
sherdep
voo doo 1 I am buggin out

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs72
I have a 05 Ram with the SWC's already, but put in a Alpine deck. How do I hook up the PAC SWI-Jack? I'm confused on which wire to cut in the column. The power & ground should be easy.
it is the white plug on the bottom side of the clock spring ...... you will have two wires one is ground and one is 5VDC .. I know for the SWI-X those are the wires I had to cut and use .... just make sure you tape off the end that goes to the back of the cluster cause it will have +5vdc and could possibly short to ground and blow a fuse

04 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
6" Fabtech Lift
305/70/18 Dick Cepek FC-II Tires on DC-1 Rims
Fram Boost CAI
Hellwig Rear sway Bar
Train Horns with a Viar420C and a 5 Gallon Air Tank
Dynatech Long Tube Headers - Great fit but Dynatech's support is lacking
DynoMax Part # 19413 Single Cat Back Exhaust
If you need to contact me - please send me an email due to not being on here as much as I used to.

Some get it and some will never get it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #283 of 553 Old 01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
mlakenan

Update to radio thanks to Chris he updated my vin through dodge to rdz option going on saturday to update my tpim and my first oil change hope it works will update on saturday hopefully with great news mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 553 Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlakenan
Update to radio thanks to Chris he updated my vin through dodge to rdz option going on saturday to update my tpim and my first oil change hope it works will update on saturday hopefully with great news mark

what???

'08 6.7L 4 door 4x4 LB. Mineral gray. Lorenz bilstein leveling kit with DP leafs. SRT hood. 5K HID's
5" TBE, EGR & cooler delete, Edge w/ATT, CAI, Airdog 150, Frants oil filter. Smarty S-67ME 120HP fireball injectors.ARP 425 studs to 135#, II 64/71 Stage 2 VGT Turbo
post #285 of 553 Old 01-26-2008, 10:11 PM
mlakenan

Up date to 07 RAM radio controls that i added are now working yes it can be done many thanks to chris
post #286 of 553 Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 PM
bigdodge4x4

mlakenan, can you give us 06-up guys step by step instructions on how you were able to add the controls and make them work?
post #287 of 553 Old 01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
mlakenan

First off many thanks to Chris for his help in getting the radio controls to work. First steps same as the 05 and back same wiring same points. Second step you have to contact your dealer and have the your vehicle option rdz (radio controls) added to the sales code of your vin. Third step wait 2-3 days then take your truck to the dealer and have your TPIM updated with the new rdz (radio controls)option, then have the dealer turn them on. Side note my wife took my truck on Saturday and called me in amazement that they worked. Hope this works for everyone else. On to the next project now adding homelink. Mark
post #288 of 553 Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
talondsp

That is great Mark! I am glad someone figured it out. Now everyone can do this mod.
post #289 of 553 Old 02-01-2008, 04:08 PM
A.D.

Mine work, many thanks to mlakenan for posting his findings and all the others who assisted. I have been waiting for 10 months for an answer to the 06 and up. Went by my local dealer this morning and they added the rdz option to my vin, I set up an appointment for noon to enable with the starscan and DONE!! FYI, I was told that the change was immediate when the option was added to the vin, at least it was same day for me so I didnt have to wait until Monday

2006 2500 Quad Cab CTD, ATS 48re w/ billet input and flex, SPS62, AFE, FASS, Juice w/attitude HOT, TS-MP8.
post #290 of 553 Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 AM
mlakenan

Homelink install went well plug and play not like radio controls Mark
post #291 of 553 Old 02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
whitegtx

Thanks to everybody for this information and mlakenan for the 06-07 steps.

I had the rdz option added to my vin on 2/8. Was in the dealer today and tried to have them turn the option on. The tech could not find the radio controls option so he enabled the hands free module, thinking it might be the correct place.

So does the startscan tool need to be updated before they can turn on the radio controls option? So it sees the new option attached to the vin?
He said the tool was new and they only had it for a week. I watched him go through the menus looking for it. Anybody know the menu they need to be in to enable it?

Truck is a 2007.
Thanks
Rick

2007 Black CTD QC SWB 2500 SLT Big Horn Auto 4X4 3.73's Nasta SS Tube Steps
post #292 of 553 Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 PM
A.D.

I would think yes. The starscan somehow has to know the option was added to the vin, because I know for a fact the option was not there before being added on mine. I do not know exactly where he went in the menu because at my local dealer I cannot enter the shop. Good luck

2006 2500 Quad Cab CTD, ATS 48re w/ billet input and flex, SPS62, AFE, FASS, Juice w/attitude HOT, TS-MP8.
post #293 of 553 Old 02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
ratlratl

The RDZ code is added into Chrysler's database first on their DealerConnect site. Then when the StarScan communicates with Chrysler to upload your TIPM's software it will find the RDZ active and allow it to work. I can help with this step if you need, or if don't think your dealer can figure it out.

Chris

2006 3500 4X4 DRW , Bolt-Action, Slowed by JACOBS, Smarty w/REVO, Air-lift bags, New Style K&N drop-in, Stock box swissed, Air duct muffler MIA, A/meter Pyro & Boost, Extang full-tilt, 51" Nelson Straight through, SB Con OFE on and holding tight.....

Hauls my dog house well
post #294 of 553 Old 03-04-2008, 04:39 PM
mlakenan

auto dimming mirror plug and play
post #295 of 553 Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
whitegtx

ratlratl,
If you have the menu steps for the starscan that would be great. I was able to get the RDZ code added to my vin. But have not found a dealer willing to try or able to figure out how to enable the power in TIPM. I tried to get the power enabled yesterday but the service writer did not believe this could be done so he was not willing to try. Will have to wait until I get to a friendlier dealer.

Thanks
Rick

post #296 of 553 Old 03-23-2008, 02:38 PM
nick52284

i'm not sure this was asked before but i scrolled through 5 pages and didn't see anything. ok, i really want these controls on my 03 ram slt but i already have an aftermarket pioneer installed. what would i need to do to get these controls to work with my aftermarket stereo?

Nick
post #297 of 553 Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
sherdep
voo doo 1 I am buggin out

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick52284
i'm not sure this was asked before but i scrolled through 5 pages and didn't see anything. ok, i really want these controls on my 03 ram slt but i already have an aftermarket pioneer installed. what would i need to do to get these controls to work with my aftermarket stereo?

Nick
depending on your head unit and if it is compatible you would need the switches installed but the wiring would go to a unit made by PAC Audio www.pac-audio.com ... the unit you need is most likely the SWI-X unit .... or someone that makes vehicle interfacs for the factory radio controls to an aftermarket deck

04 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
6" Fabtech Lift
305/70/18 Dick Cepek FC-II Tires on DC-1 Rims
Fram Boost CAI
Hellwig Rear sway Bar
Train Horns with a Viar420C and a 5 Gallon Air Tank
Dynatech Long Tube Headers - Great fit but Dynatech's support is lacking
DynoMax Part # 19413 Single Cat Back Exhaust
If you need to contact me - please send me an email due to not being on here as much as I used to.

Some get it and some will never get it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #298 of 553 Old 05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
whitegtx

Does anybody have some of the connectors left over? I have not been able to find a new enough harness to steal them from to finish the wiring from the clockspring to the cluster.

I did find a steering wheel harness out of a 2001 LHS that I made work. The connectors to the audio switches are the correct ones for the 07 switches. I needed to lengthen the left side by 4 inches because the LHS wheel is smaller. I used one of the cruise connectors to plug into the wheel side of the clockspring. It needed to be narrowed quite a bit to slide in. The top and bottom is right to fit but it is too wide.

But the connectors in the cruise connectors are wider than what will go into the column clockspring connector so I an in need of 3 of those to finish the wiring.

I still have not found a dealer willing or able to enable the power for the controls. They either do not want to try or the only guy that knows how to run the Starscan is gone. With diesel so high I not made any trips to town so I could go by the dealer that tried the first time. One of these days maybe I will get back there.

post #299 of 553 Old 05-08-2008, 01:05 PM
slide187

Hey guys this may be a stupid question but when you unplug and remove the guage cluster, there's no chance of screwing up the odometer right? Like that info is in the computer, not the cluster itself... right?

tim >^<

www.myspace.com/eraforamoment

post #300 of 553 Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Big Ray
Country Style

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide187
Hey guys this may be a stupid question but when you unplug and remove the guage cluster, there's no chance of screwing up the odometer right? Like that info is in the computer, not the cluster itself... right?
Exactly right.

- Ray Harmon

2003 RC/SB Atlantic Blue Pearl ***Now Lifted***
1995 Dodge Neon Coupe Blue

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in