95 Dodge Ram Van B2500 3.9L magnum MPI engine Codes 27 and 45 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 1 Old 05-13-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Ozarkbees

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
95 Dodge Ram Van B2500 3.9L magnum MPI engine Codes 27 and 45

A few weeks ago I was running errands and the van started running really rough. I pulled into AutoZone to speak with a friend who has mopars and other race cars and a van similar to mine. He suggested new plugs and wires. The van was due for a tune up so I changed plugs , wires, dist cap, pcv valve, and crankcase vent . No change still ran rough. Their coder couldn't read 95's. Went to O'reilly's and they had a code reader that would do 95's, and we got code 27 (injector circuit# 6) and code 45 ( overdrive circuit). They said the battery was bad so I got a new one at Bumper to Bumper and I replaced the injector and the connector, no change. I replaced the 2 other injectors on that side and connectors . The next day went to start it NO CODES, both the 27 and the 45 were gone. YAY, I thought. Drove 5 miles running errands, and when I started it up to leave the last store, guess what. Check engine light and code 27 and 45 were back. Went ahead and cleaned the EGR valve and replaced the idle air control valve. The idle air control valve helped only slightly. But van still ran rough and both codes. Noid light says injector 4, 6 and 2 are all getting pulses from ECM. And the #6 plug is wet, with orange spark, if that means anything. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe the overdrive and injectors ran off the same wire color since both codes were gone for that 5 miles. Ugh this is beyond my scope of knowledge and I am doing everything I can think of but very frustrated. The last store we went to has a steep entrance to parking lot, I still think there may be a bad wire somewhere and it got jolted when I went up into the lot. But i jiggled and so far haven't noticed any difference jiggling wires. yes I'm a little bit country. "jiggling" is my mechanical term. Please offer suggestions, I cant seem to find a wiring diagram, I could do well with that. Haynes books are crap for wiring diagrams.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in