04 Dodge ram 1500 audio project. - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 1 Old 05-08-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
NothingSpecial

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question 04 Dodge ram 1500 audio project.

Hey guys. So, I think this is actually my first post, but I bought an olderish dodge last spring and I've been wanting to work on it. It's nothing special, just a 1500 ram with pretty much no bells or whistles. It actually still had a cassette player before I threw in a different deck. So, my next step is I want to replace the speakers, and add bass to the truck.

Now, at this point I'm pretty much just starting, I have my deck put in already. Here's the technical information for it that I believe is relevant, or might be. Or I was just lazy when taking stuff out.
Quote:
KD-R885BTS

Inputs and Outputs

AUX Input 1 (Front)
Line Output Terminals (Pair) 3 Pairs (Front + Rear + Subwoofer) #2)
Pre-Output Level 4.0V
Subwoofer Output with Level/Frequency Control Yes (Level -50 - +10)
Subwoofer Output Level 4.0V

Tuner

SiriusXM Ready Yes
Radio Data Broadcast System (RBDS) Yes
Digital Processing Tuner Yes
Preset Stations 18FM + 6AM
Strong Station Memory (for FM) Yes
Radio Timer Yes (Once/Daily/Weekly)
Tuner Preset Memory (for power disconnection) Yes
FM
Frequency Range 87.9 - 107.9MHz (200kHz)
AM
Frequency Range 530 - 1,700kHz (10kHz)
Audio
Maximum Power Output 50W x 4 / 50W x 2 +Subwoofer (4 ohms) 50W x 1
Full Bandwidth Power (at less than 1%THD) 22W x 4
MOS-FET Amplifier Yes
Subwoofer Direct Connection (Mono Lch) Yes
EQ Yes (13-Band Graphic EQ)
Preset EQ Yes (9-Preset)
Bass Boost Yes
Loudness Control Yes (Off/Low/High)
High-Pass Filter/Low-Pass Filter Yes/Yes
K2 Technology Yes
Time Alignment Yes
Space Enhancement Yes
Sound Response Yes
Sound Lift Yes
Volume Link EQ Yes
drvnEQ Yes
What I would like to do, is put in 2 10 inch subs with a custom box built for under the back seat such as the one attached to this post.

(Just an example, I'm looking for something that fits 2 subs either 10 or 12 inch in that kind of style, and I should probably note that it's rhino lined on the inside, but I'll probably end up cutting that out as need be.)

So, as I'm sure everyone who's reading this who isn't new can tell, I am new to this. I've put in car decks, I've done minor car work, and I'm pretty technical so I want to tackle doing my own audio system. However, I'm not sure exactly what I need to continue. The next thing I want to do is put subs in the truck, and then do the speakers. However I'm ok with doing it the opposite way.

Now from what I understand, for the subs I need an amp that would support two subs, the wiring kit, the subs themselves, the sub box, and a power capacitor? Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything here. What I'm really confused on though, is what subs and amp to get, as well as what speakers. I would ideally, although I would imagine it would be unrealistic, I want to create this system with about $1000-$1500 cad.

I don't need the system to be mind blowing, just good enough for enjoying music. I might eventually swap out the deck for a double dinn, but realistically the truck is more of a learning experience for me. Like I said it's nothing fancy, it's not a hemi or a 4x4 or a diesel. Anyway, any advice or help at all on this would be absolutely amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imgshulink.php.jpg (153.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 61eH4IBbzsL._SL1300_.jpg (103.7 KB, 0 views)
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in