Help from the Audiophiles - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 1 Old 03-07-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Flrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help from the Audiophiles

2006 ram 1500 and the infinity sound system has finally sh*t the bed. The head unit has been going out for years now and the door speakers have finally blown. So far the only purchases I have made are the following:

New head unit - JVC KW-R925BTS
Front door speakers- 41KSC6934 6X9 (150rms @ 4 ohm)
Rear door speakers - 41KSC654 6.5" (100rms @ 4 ohm)

I know I'll need an amp but am concerned on how to go about this. I plan to add a sub (10" single, as I dont want to lose all of the cargo storage space, but am trying to push that back a bit). Crutchfield suggested this Pioneer "GM-D8604" which is 100watt RMS X 4 @ 4 ohms.

The 6X9's run at 150w RMS and the 6.5" run at 100w RMS. Based on this recommendation I'd be running the 6X9's -50w RMS and will still need another amp for the sub addition. Should I be looking for a 2 channel for the 6X9's and a 3-4 channel to run the 6.5's and the 10" sub?

Any suggestions on solid clean sub's as well as wiring kits that are needed? I like my music loud and want to make sure I hear every beat of a double bass drum

Budget is of course a factor within reason, meaning if the best option for convenience and longevity is to wait and save I guess I'd just have to do that.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in