Any Idea What This Stuff Is? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 7 Old 05-26-2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
brettallen59

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Any Idea What This Stuff Is?

My sister sent me these pics and she is concerned that something serious has happened to her Dodge. She pulled it out of the garage after not driving it for about a month. She said she does have mice around. Does anyone have any idea if this debris is actually from original factory applied insulation or similar?

Thank you very much for your help as she lives by herself and I am 1000 miles away from her (I am in Texas and she is in Palm Springs).

Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-26-2019, 11:32 AM
bsacpo

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
It looks like the heat blanket from the hood. Have your sister check to see if any rodents have been chewing there.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-28-2019, 05:57 PM
guyonearth

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Yup, looks like an animal got in there and chewed up some foam insulation or a foam rubber seal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-28-2019, 07:09 PM
super99ram

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A rat got into the engine bay and chewed on a foam insulation that runs under the intake manifold but on top of the valley between the heads.It takes about 2 hours to replace. I had to replace mine because the rat ate the wireing to cylinder #6 . while I was fixing that,my son got the foam from the salvage yard for the complete repair
post #5 of 7 Old 05-30-2019, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
brettallen59

(Thread Starter)
Yes, it was the dreaded rodent! I need to let her know that if she doesn't do some preventative measures, they could do costly damage, like you said to the wiring.

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Brett......

post #6 of 7 Old 05-30-2019, 12:38 PM
guyonearth

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Looks like they're already chewing on the wiring.

post #7 of 7 Old 07-04-2019, 10:12 PM
grace_gray

It looks like the foam from insulator...but I think that chewing will not really affect your car but just to sure ask your mechanic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in