Help with Nitro transmission shift problems code 0103 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 2 Old 01-20-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
sgillett
Love my 66 monaco 500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help with Nitro transmission shift problems code 0103

Hi all,
I'm fighting an issue with my '07 Nitro R/T (125000 miles).
When it acts up, first the park lock gate starts clicking (like when you press on the brake pedal to pull it out of park) but this is happening when it is in drive.
The next thing it does is make it so it doesn't take throttle (5 MPH max) all the rectangles light up around the gear indicators , then the check engine light comes on, the code is 0103, lost communication with the gear shifter.
I also had it go into limp mode one time, 2nd gear but took throttle, I could go 25 to 30 MPH stuck in 2nd gear.
If I put it in neutral and kill the motor, start it back up, it operates normally until it glitches again. It may go 5 miles, or 500 feet.
I disconnected the battery for a couple hours after the first time it did this and drove normally for about 2 weeks, then came back worse than before.
Has anyone had this happen to their Nitro?
Thanks for the help

V10 Ram truck club member #3
Toys:
'96 Ram 2500 V10 4X4 extended cab, long bed for towing my 28-foot 5th wheel Alfa toy house.
1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horse power 440 and almost all options, my project car.
'07 Nitro R/T
My son has a '69 Dodge Coronet 440 with a warmed up 318 4bbl
Economy vehicle: Yamaha FJ1200
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-24-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
sgillett
Love my 66 monaco 500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It turned out that the electronics on the side of the shifter was the issue.
I sourced a complete replacement shifter from eBay, and it is working normally now

V10 Ram truck club member #3
Toys:
'96 Ram 2500 V10 4X4 extended cab, long bed for towing my 28-foot 5th wheel Alfa toy house.
1966 Monaco 500 with a 365 horse power 440 and almost all options, my project car.
'07 Nitro R/T
My son has a '69 Dodge Coronet 440 with a warmed up 318 4bbl
Economy vehicle: Yamaha FJ1200
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in