Performance programming...... - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 3 Old 04-08-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
ABF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Performance programming......

2001 5.2lt 2wd

I got one of those performance programmers and tuned my truck for performance on 91 octane. It seemed to run fine for months (actually, off and on it was fine for years). Yesterday, out of the blue, my truck wouldn't start. It would turn fine over but not fire up. I could hear the fuel pump spinning. I checked the spark (screw driver next to engine block) and it seemed to have NO spark. I went to check for codes. No codes stored. While I had the device hooked up I decided to return it to stock programming just in case I needed to tow the truck to a mechanic for repairs. Once back to stock, the truck fired up with ease. Is it possible a performance program could become corrupted somehow? Or, was it just a coincidence the truck started and it's probable the "no start" issue will be intermittent and likely to reoccur?

I know many of you guys know more about these trucks than Dodge itself. Any thoughts?

2001 Ram 5.2
K&N 57-1511-2 CAI
Hemifever SCT
Hedman Hedders 79540
Super 10 Series Flowmaster 8425152 SIDO
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-14-2019, 12:43 PM
spun360

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
try to reload the chip tune

parts for sale
ask about my treadwright retread experience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

$150: 210lb double and dampener valve springs .550 lift
$pay shipping: new, dana/ spicer (1)greasable upper & (1)lower ball joint for dana 44
$pay shipping: new, standard oil pump
$pay shipping: new, super strength moog #377 frt axle hub universal w/ grease fitting
prices (for residence of the US)
cheep
shoot PMs my way
post #3 of 3 Old 04-15-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
ABF

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Before I entertain courses of action I’d prefer to know more about the causes. I’m having a difficult time trusting the vehicle until I know what’s happening.

2001 Ram 5.2
K&N 57-1511-2 CAI
Hemifever SCT
Hedman Hedders 79540
Super 10 Series Flowmaster 8425152 SIDO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in