DodgeTalk Forum banner

Good aftermarket shocks?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jackgear 
#1 ·
Hey all, long time reader, first time posting. I have a 2012 PW I picked up brand new and am still sporting. My Bilsteins finally gave up the ghost (after 85K - so I'm not complaining) and I want to go with a decent aftermarket shock. I don't do a ton of off roading; however, if you have ever been to Alaska you would know that driving off road is smoother than the hardball. I am not wanting something cheaply made. I would gladly pay the $160 per shock at the dealer for new stock shocks, but I refuse to ever grace my dealers doorway with my presence again. Being that there are no other QUALITY dealers for 1500 miles, I am left with after market options only.

I am running the stock size tires, but in Duratracs and love them. Basically, I want the performance shocks in case I do end up off road and I am not really loyal to any specific brand. I was looking at FOX shocks, but just wasn't sure which ones to get. I also run my truck when it is -60 out, so I do need something that will handle the chilly weather.

Thanks in advance for all the help and I look forward to reading more posts soon.

#3 ·
I don't have a problem with the Bilsteins, it's just that my local RAM dealer is the only place I can get them. I even called Bilstein and they told me that the dealer is the only ones to carry those specific shocks. As for my local dealer, they are scam artists whom break more than they fix. They lie, cheat and have horrible customer service. If it were as simple as drive to the next dealer in the next town, that would be fine, but here in Alaska all the RAM dealers are owned by Lithia and thus, they are all horrible. This is why I am looking for good after market shocks I can order and have delivered. Mainly, I want to hear what others are running and how they like them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.