DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tow hooks

897 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dust_webbs 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please forgive me if it is not. I am looking to put a set of front tow hooks on my Ram. It's a '07 1500 SLT Big Horn QC 4x4 with the hemi. I saw that mopar makes a bolt on set. I was hoping somebody on here has tried this and can comment on how good it is. Also, are there any aftermarket ones that would be better? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Welcome to the site! Those are both good routes to go, just depends on the look you want to go with. If you want the factory 1500 hooks let me know, I have a set sitting around gathering dust

#5 ·
Thanks for all the info everybody. It was very helpful. Looking at those OEM tow hooks, they don't seem to stick out very far. How easy is it to hook a strap or chain to them? Also, has anyone tried putting the HD toe loops on an '06+ truck. How much different is it from the '04 in the second thread?

#6 ·
I have the hooks from my 04 that i no longer have in my shed. not sure how much the cost from the dealer but i am willing to bet they are proud of them. but if you are interested in them send me a IM and we can work out something.

#8 ·
I do not know how you could compare the 2, they are set up totally different.The 1500 is a solid bar and the 2500 is 2 separate hooks. I would assume that they would be close to the same since there is not that much weight difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.