Edelbrock Carburetors - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
NoPavemntNoProb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NoPavemntNoProb
(Thread Starter)
Edelbrock Carburetors

Hey I have a 1991 Dodge Ram 150 260ci and i am having some problems with it stalling when i first hit the gas. i have heard a few not so good things about Edelbrock carburetors, is it worth just messing around and modifying the parts i need to on this one or is it worth rebuilding one thats not Edelbrock? (your thoughts on Edelbrock Carbs are welcome)
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
4404spd
Registered

I dont know what kind of problems you are refering to, but I have a had a few edelbrock carbs with 0 problems they usually perform right out of the box.....I would rebuild the edelbrock carb.

Dan
2012 Hemi Ram Reg cab Bright White (New Version of Al's Old Truck)
2006 Chrysler 300C BLACK
2004 MACH 1 ORANGE
2003 2500 Hemi Quad Cab Custom Orange
1969 Barracuda fastback 340S
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
threetwos
AirFuelEddie

They are good carbs, but I prefer Holley, I use a Holley Truck Avenger 670 CFM, it performs very well off roading and doesnt load up on decline or ascents. It's got spring loaded seats and balance tube for inclinations. I dont know if Ed's carbs are made for that type of off roading but it's something you might want to think about if your rig sees any off road type of fun. They are also easy to install and have many tuning partsd and accesories available.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in