Full Tranny Rebuild! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 3 Old 03-20-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
PANAXRX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Full Tranny Rebuild!

Ok, so I had a few issues (in a previous thread) where the tranny wasnt shifting right and acting up. Well the other nite (sat night to be exact) I was driving out of Baltimore City when the Trans Temp light came on then the OD Off kicked in and I made it outta the city when I pulled over, let it cool off for a while. I think tried to start it again, and it felt like my automatic had a clutch and was GONE! It would bairely even inch forward or in reverse. So I got it towed and it needs a full rebuile ($1800-2400). Its under warrenty so its paid for, still pi$$es me off that I had the truck 2 weeks and the tranny goes.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-20-2007, 07:27 AM
regans5

Sounds like whoever got rid of your truck knew the tranny was going. I'd be glad it went under warranty and now you have a new tranny. You also know you're good for a long time if you take care of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD QC/LB AUTO

Silver Truck Club Member #57

Triple pillar Isspro pyro (pre-turbo),tranny temp,turbo boost,fuel pres on steering column,BHAF w/ outerwear & heat shield,Silencer ring MIA,Straight-pipe exhaust dumped in front of rear tire,Bulldog remote entry/start/security,Westin SS step bars,Extang full-tilt bed cover,Perma-Tech spray-in,Darin Steering Stabilizer Brace,16.5x9.75 Mickey Thompson Classic II rims, 33x12.5x16.5 BFG AT/KO tires,2" TGC Leveling Kit,Stampede "Ruff-Riderz" fender-flares,BD Aux Lift Pump.

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan TDI

2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0 Powerstroke 4X4

More room for the youngins - Let the Mods begin

post #3 of 3 Old 03-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Snogix

I had the same thing happen to me, except i noticed that my converter wasn't locking up, and then driving into town one day, my overdrive turned off, and then my trans temp light came on a bit later, stopped and could smell the burned tranny. So I guess what happened (which is common on the dodges) is the lining on the converter disintegrates which plugs up your cooler then overheats your transmission, this ended up costing me about $1800. But I pulled the tranny myself and got a guy to rebuild it, and he installed the No Yo-Yo kit and replaced the planetaries ($1100) and I purchased a new cooler and a Torque Plus converter ($600), now my tranny is overbuilt and should work for the life of the truck (as long as I take care of it). But just got it back together last night, and it seems to work well so far. But if you can get them to not put the stock converter back in, and to put in an upgraded Torque Plus, it would be much better.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in