List Of Problems - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 11 Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
SSgt Devil Dawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
List Of Problems

Well let me get my feet wet here......I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport with the 360. I recently had my tranny reworked. I had a retaining spring break for the OD. I also had the governer sensor and switch replaced. I am now getting a P1740 code. I also got two other codes that were P0455 and P0442 which are large and small Evap System Leaks respectingly. I checked the evap system for cracks, replaced the gas cap, and then ran out of ideas. I am open to any suggestions for any of these problems.

SEMPER FI
SSgt Devil Dawg
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Aboynamedsue

Evap canister. if the tank isnt leaking, the ap isnt leaking, and none of the lines are its the canister.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Tracker81
Tracker81

Check all hoses on the vaccum system SSgt I got the same truck minus the 360 and have had all the same issues check the hose between the air box and the pass. valve cover as well mine had a crack there and I'll be damned if it didnt set off the CEL you can also take it to a shop somewhere that has a smoke machine and have them smoke it and see where the leak is at. by the way your MOS

Sgt. Phillips 1833 (AAV)

2001 CC 4x4 5.2
Hypertech III
O2 Sim
Fastman 50mm
Trans-Go Shift Kit
Gutted Cat
Magnaflow Muffler
MSD Wires
E3 Plugs
12" Audiobahn Alum 12 In Q-logic Box
1 Audiobahn 800T Amp
1 Infinity 1420 Amp
Infinity Kappa Component System
180 T-Stat
Rhino Lining
KC Daylighters
BFG 285/75/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
SSgt Devil Dawg

(Thread Starter)
Done that

I have already checked all of the hoses, all are connected and no holes. I think I am gonna replace the canister next. As far as the Tranny I am still clueless on that.

I am a 0659 (Data Chief). I just received orders CP. Cant wait to get down there.

SSgt
post #5 of 11 Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
LoudRam
Redneck Yankee

That 1740 your getting is the torque converter clutch or overdrive solenoid. The TCC is common with our trucks.

-Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Desert Storm Vet/ US Navy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab Debadged, 360 cubic inches of pure American muscle.
Performance Mods:Hypertech Power Programmer III, TB: Fins cut, ported and polished Intake: Ported and polished, runners cut down 5/8", 180 T-stat, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 1002, Magnaflow high flow cat and 3"SI/2.5"DO exhaust w/ 3" polished stainless tips, Plenum repaired w/ Hughes kit
Appearance Mods: Eagle wheels 16x8, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's (285/75), Diamond Back headlights w/Silverstar lamps, Aluminum billet grill, Lund moonvisor, Black tube step bars, Bulldog keyless entry, Westin ultimate bull bar w/2 Baja 55w off road lights w/HID lamps

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. – William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Proud Member of the God Squad 1992

post #6 of 11 Old 03-14-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
SSgt Devil Dawg

(Thread Starter)
Thanks

Thanks for the info, any idea on the price of repair for this?

SSgt
post #7 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
LoudRam
Redneck Yankee

I don't remember exactly. It was done under warranty when I got the truck. I'll try and find the receipt when I get home.

-Todd

'01 Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab Debadged, 360 cubic inches of pure American muscle.
Performance Mods:Hypertech Power Programmer III, TB: Fins cut, ported and polished Intake: Ported and polished, runners cut down 5/8", 180 T-stat, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 1002, Magnaflow high flow cat and 3"SI/2.5"DO exhaust w/ 3" polished stainless tips, Plenum repaired w/ Hughes kit
Appearance Mods: Eagle wheels 16x8, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's (285/75), Diamond Back headlights w/Silverstar lamps, Aluminum billet grill, Lund moonvisor, Black tube step bars, Bulldog keyless entry, Westin ultimate bull bar w/2 Baja 55w off road lights w/HID lamps

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. – William Temple (English diplomat & author)

post #8 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
tactransman
Transmission Man!

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tactransman
Don't you have some kind of warranty from who already worked on the tranny?

Terry aka tactransman
'99 Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 Automatic #110 in the White Truck Club

Aren't you tired of getting your parts for your Super Bee from a kid that thinks a Civic is a "hot rod"!
Mods:
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
Magna Flow Cat and "Y" pipe

46RE Built to the Hilt

Transgo TF OD JR Shift Kit (With Mods)
Billet Cover Converter
Upgraded to five direct clutch drum
Five Overdrive Brake Clutch pack
47RE STEEL front planetary
Sonnax Reverse servo parts
HD Kevlar Lined Rigid Int Band
Deep Pan w/cooling tubes
3.8 ratio Int lever
billet Int servo struts

post #9 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
SSgt Devil Dawg

(Thread Starter)
Learned the hard way

The guy who worked on it isnt really a tranny man, he owns a shop so I took his word on it . He charged me $1400 to replace the switch and sensor, replace the OD retaining spring and oh yeah change the oil...I have the invoice here looking at it, getting more preturbed as I read it. So, to answer your question, no I dont have any kind of warranty from him.

My father-in-law is a mech, he is gonna help me replace the converter and finish fixing the truck. Any ideas on where to get the canister....except the dealer?

SSgt
post #10 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM
tactransman
Transmission Man!

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tactransman
He overcharged ya! I could of overhauled it here for that. It makes me mad to hear of people doing people that way,and then no kind of warranty to boot! If you replace the converter,you should put a new front pump bushing in it too,the oil clearance on the bushing to converter hub has an effect on TCC lock up pressure. Grind them converter bolts one thread shorter before reusing also.

Terry aka tactransman
'99 Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 Automatic #110 in the White Truck Club

Aren't you tired of getting your parts for your Super Bee from a kid that thinks a Civic is a "hot rod"!
Mods:
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
Magna Flow Cat and "Y" pipe

46RE Built to the Hilt

Transgo TF OD JR Shift Kit (With Mods)
Billet Cover Converter
Upgraded to five direct clutch drum
Five Overdrive Brake Clutch pack
47RE STEEL front planetary
Sonnax Reverse servo parts
HD Kevlar Lined Rigid Int Band
Deep Pan w/cooling tubes
3.8 ratio Int lever
billet Int servo struts

post #11 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 06:32 PM
LoudRam
Redneck Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt Devil Dawg
Thanks for the info, any idea on the price of repair for this?

SSgt
I had to pay a $100 deduct. and that's all because of the warranty but he wrote the bill out for $240 parts and $226 labor. This was about three years ago.

-Todd

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in