89 ram d100 wrecked - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 4 Old 12-26-2007, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
mopar89ram

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
89 ram d100 wrecked

Hey Guys,

I thought I would let you guys know about what state laws are doing now. Recently I had a lady run out in front of me in a 07 ford focus. The truck I was driving was my 89 ram d100. The police report clearly stated that it was the lady's fault. When I had my truck evaluated by a body shop, the insurance company totalled out my truck. I live in the Alabama, and State Law say that if a vehicle is 75% of the retail, then by state law the insurance company will have to total out the vehicle. I checked out to see what they were referring to as retail value. Kelly bluebook is what they used, and I received retail value. If I were to go on autotrader I would have to pay twice what kelly bluebook says. My truck still drove,but the bumper was rubbing the left front tire. My truck is repairable, but will cost me $600 plus the money they gave me, and the hasel to get a salvage title to get a tag for it. I have located a 89 ram 4x4 but it will need a bed due to being up north due to rust. If any one knows of a good parts truck, or cheap truck for sale please let me know. I would like to find one realitively close by. I know some of you guys have gone through the horror of having a wreck in your prized possesion, but i thought I would let you guys in on some crappy news about state laws.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
dr. bob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bummer. Same thing here in GA- 75%. My now ex-girlfriend had a wreck on her motorcycle, and rode it 800 miles home with no problems. The insurance company looked at it and said it was within a few $$ of 75%. If she wanted to total it they would do so, but if she wanted to fix it she needed to claim some undamaged accessories on the bike to boost the value by a few bucks to get the estimate below 75%. We checked going prices, and it would have cost a LOT more than what the insurance said it was worth to replace it, so we fixed it.

Congrats of finding the new one. As for the bed, how about paying the $600 to buy your wreck, pulling the bed off, selling the motor on EBAY, and then junking the rest? You should come out ahead that way, and there are no paperwork issues because you are buying it for parts only. Or is it the wrong size bed?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-28-2007, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
mopar89ram

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The bed is a swb, and the one I am looking at is a long wheel base. I am thinking of trying to find a lwb parts truck, with no tran or motor, and using it to fix the new truck I am looking at, and the cab to fix my swb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-28-2007, 09:12 AM
dr. bob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a plan! If you could find a lwb with no motor cheap, you would be golden!

I bought a wrecked bike back from the insurance company for less than a grand, and made about 3 grand selling part off it.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in