W100 suspension rebuild - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 1 Old 10-30-2018, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Zpayne08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
W100 suspension rebuild

I'm in the mechanical process of fixing up my 1988 w100. So far I've replaced the ujoints at the axles (and about to do the pinion side front/rear drive shaft ujoints), front brake lines/rotors/calipers, new drums/shoes, valve cover gaskets, plugs, battery, front/rear diff fluid, and gas tank grommet.

Now I'm wanting to tackle the suspension. Shocks are about rusted in half and in sure the 30yr old leaf springs are shot as well. Not to mention this thing is all over the road and has that driver side lean. Any ideas how to get rid of the lean or will new suspension fix this?

First question is, does anyone make like a 2-2.5" suspension lift for these trucks? The biggest selection I've found was skyjacker, but they only specify a 4/6/8 inch left for my truck. I did email them and they said I could use the D200bk and D200bks with D20 pitman arm and matching shocks to achieve this, but when I looked it up on their website there was no fitment guide.

Second, does anyone have a parts list for what I would need to replace any wear parts on the front end? Axle is a D44.

Lastly, how in the world do I fix the steering? I rebuilt the steering coupler with no avail and it still rides horrible. I'm just waiting to get pulled over for a suspected dui lol.

1988 W100 SCSB
9.25 rear/D44 front
3.21 ratio
32x11.50r15 mud claws
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in