Coolant Leaking, Sludge in Oil Cap - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 25 Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Trehkemper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ouch

Would it be cheaper to do an enginge swap?

and are you a mechanic IN mansfield? Because if so I'm only about 2 hours away. I'm near Garland, East of Dallas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
sawcut64
Inertia ROCKS!!!!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trehkemper View Post
Ouch

Would it be cheaper to do an enginge swap?

and are you a mechanic IN mansfield? Because if so I'm only about 2 hours away. I'm near Garland, East of Dallas
No I live in south Arlington around the 360/I-20 area. No it wouldn't be cheaper to swap the entire motor, unfortunately most times there is no way to visually see if you have a cracked or warped head, hell sometimes it's hard to tell if the gasket has failed. You can do two things, just replace the heads with the gaskets, or have the heads checked(machine shop) to see what if anything is wrong with them and if they can be repaired. Personally if you have some miles on it I would just replace the heads, new cams and a complete valve job when you do.

2005 RC SB 2WD Hemi Ram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NA Stockblock Setup-7.79 1/8 NA, Best 60ft 1.68
NA Stroker Setup-?

Inertia 400 CI Stroker-Inertia Custom Cam-170 Degree T-stat-6.1 Exhaust Springs/6.1 Pushrods-Caltracs-Superchips Performance tune-Ebay Knock Off CAI-Edge 2800 Billet Converter-IAT Mod-True 3" Dual Exhaust Dumped-McGaughy Rear Flip-Motive 4.56 Gears, Factory LSD-Pacesetter Long Tube Headers-Stock Front Coils Trimmed 2" Drop-Street Scene Roll Pan

post #23 of 25 Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Trehkemper

(Thread Starter)
Okay. I hear your the one to talk to about replacing the heads and all. Do you know about how much it would run me to do the heads, new cams and a complete valve job?

sorry i dont know much about this stuff but are "heads" meaning headers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
sawcut64
Inertia ROCKS!!!!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trehkemper View Post
Okay. I hear your the one to talk to about replacing the heads and all. Do you know about how much it would run me to do the heads, new cams and a complete valve job?

sorry i dont know much about this stuff but are "heads" meaning headers?
Heads are the two components of the motor that contain the valves/valve springs, and in the 4.7 case the cams(2), and are bolted to the block. The headers are another term for exhaust manifolds and bolt to the heads. I'll PM you a little later about the rest of the stuff.

2005 RC SB 2WD Hemi Ram

NA Stockblock Setup-7.79 1/8 NA, Best 60ft 1.68
NA Stroker Setup-?

Inertia 400 CI Stroker-Inertia Custom Cam-170 Degree T-stat-6.1 Exhaust Springs/6.1 Pushrods-Caltracs-Superchips Performance tune-Ebay Knock Off CAI-Edge 2800 Billet Converter-IAT Mod-True 3" Dual Exhaust Dumped-McGaughy Rear Flip-Motive 4.56 Gears, Factory LSD-Pacesetter Long Tube Headers-Stock Front Coils Trimmed 2" Drop-Street Scene Roll Pan

post #25 of 25 Old 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Trehkemper

(Thread Starter)
alright thanks
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in