Dream Parts - Page 3 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #41 of 45 Old 08-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Sharkey
Lcpl Sharkey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is a link to a video of the Dakota 6 spd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhI-HI7JSRI

2001 Ram 1500, 360, 33x12.50x17 Mtz, Pacesetter Longtubes, True Duals with FM Super 44s, Hughes FI intake, PIE/EQ 2.02 heads, SCT by Hemifever, Msd 6A, 4.10 gears, KC 150 Watt Daylighters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 08-09-2009, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
dodgerider666
Black Sunshine!

(Thread Starter)

that was pritty friggen sweet and one good lookn truck

Irish Republican Army (I.R.A) Pride
May Erin's Harp and The Starry Flag United Ever Be
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A Coward Dies A Thousand Times, A Warrior Only Once.

Death Gear Prez #666 (Manual Transmission Club)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Link->)

Don't TOUCH my Truck Club#14

Black Truck Club Member #162

4X4 Club #37

100,000 + Mile Club #666 (222,XXX)
post #43 of 45 Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM
daniel_depetro
The Man

Send a message via Yahoo to daniel_depetro
Sounds like you need to think about your battle plan a little bit.

Building a 900-1,000 horsepower race engine isn't easy, even with a well stocked bank account.
You want to build a drag racer with a manual transmission?
All my cars are sticks even the cars that are more drag cars than street cars, however I rarely get them to the track.
You mention wanting a stick because it's fun, but losing to a 350 Horsepower Camaro in the first round because it isn't very consistent isn't much fun either.
There is soo much more than just 1,000 horsepower and 4-speed transmissions that make up a vehicle.
A diesel transmission may be able to handle the power under normal driving conditions, but to withstand maximum power slam shifting that drag racing requires it is still going to need some serious beefing up.
A well built engine is SERIOUS money, I don't care how you slice it.
If it's a drag only vehicle start with a big block. It isn't uncommon to get 550 cubic inches out of them nowdays.
Since you mentioned aftermarket blocks, they can be purchased all the way up to support a 960 cubic inche engine!!

Once you spend the cash building a 1,000 horsepower race engine you will need to run serious fuel to feed it.

This is totally ignoring the fact that you will need a hell of a chassis to handle that kind of power reliably and be at all useful.

Good thing this is just a dream.

1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack H.P. engine, 4-speed, Dana 60 4.10 rear
1974 Plymouth Duster 360, 360 factory H.P. engine, 4-speed, 8-3/4" 3.55 rear
2001 Dodge Ram 1500, SLT, Q.C., 2wd, 5.9L, auto, 9-1/4" 3.55 rear, 265/65R-17 tires, 5,350 lbs.

Last edited by daniel_depetro; 08-10-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
dodgerider666
Black Sunshine!

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Sounds like you need to think about your battle plan a little bit.

Building a 900-1,000 horsepower race engine isn't easy, even with a well stocked bank account.
You want to build a drag racer with a manual transmission?
All my cars are sticks even the cars that are more drag cars than street cars, however I rarely get them to the track.
You mention wanting a stick because it's fun, but losing to a 350 Horsepower Camaro in the first round because it isn't very consistent isn't much fun either.
There is soo much more than just 1,000 horsepower and 4-speed transmissions that make up a vehicle.
A diesel transmission may be able to handle the power under normal driving conditions, but to withstand maximum power slam shifting that drag racing requires it is still going to need some serious beefing up.
A well built engine is SERIOUS money, I don't care how you slice it.
If it's a drag only vehicle start with a big block. It isn't uncommon to get 550 cubic inches out of them nowdays.
Since you mentioned aftermarket blocks, they can be purchased all the way up to support a 960 cubic inche engine!!

Once you spend the cash building a 1,000 horsepower race engine you will need to run serious fuel to feed it.

This is totally ignoring the fact that you will need a hell of a chassis to handle that kind of power reliably and be at all useful.

Good thing this is just a dream.
Thks for the info but yes I know it will not be easy or cheep in any manner. However I know people that build exhibition pull trucks and race cars and they will help me out if I need the help. Be it with info, parts, tools, or even a helping hand. With that being said though I do plan to take the biggest part of the build by myself.
Quote:
True but I do not just want a stick just because it’s fun I firmly believe that if you know what you’re doing and have the right set up a stick will always beat an auto. You also get a far better feel of what’s going on with your engine and tranny IMO. For the fuel and chassis like I said I know people that will help me get the right fuel and build the best frame for what I need. I did not know that there where blocks that could take 960 cubic inches though but I know those will be about two or three times the price of a R3 block and I don’t need the biggest block to be faster than most . Thks for the info though lots of good points and good things to keep in mind. What kind of set up are you using in your street/strip cars?

Irish Republican Army (I.R.A) Pride
May Erin's Harp and The Starry Flag United Ever Be

A Coward Dies A Thousand Times, A Warrior Only Once.

Death Gear Prez #666 (Manual Transmission Club)

(Link->)

Don't TOUCH my Truck Club#14

Black Truck Club Member #162

4X4 Club #37

100,000 + Mile Club #666 (222,XXX)
post #45 of 45 Old 08-10-2009, 07:42 PM
daniel_depetro
The Man

Send a message via Yahoo to daniel_depetro
I have several cars that are just use stock high compression engines with bolt ons, however I have one pretty hot small block, a pretty hot 440, and my favorite is a ~450 cubic inch stroked low deck (400)!
As far as the chassis go they are pretty simple most are stock with the performance springs/shocks/bushings with the largest rear tires I can get under them without cutting the framerails.
I have a couple cars with frame rail connectors and like the coupes for the added stiffness.

1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack H.P. engine, 4-speed, Dana 60 4.10 rear
1974 Plymouth Duster 360, 360 factory H.P. engine, 4-speed, 8-3/4" 3.55 rear
2001 Dodge Ram 1500, SLT, Q.C., 2wd, 5.9L, auto, 9-1/4" 3.55 rear, 265/65R-17 tires, 5,350 lbs.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in