Bad Business Right here... - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 28 Old 06-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Aboynamedsue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you can go 60 over but that increase block fatigue way too much its not a good idea, especially for a daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 06-04-2007, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Airbornejohn007

(Thread Starter)
Maybe I should just go with one of those new 390HP crate engines. By the time I rebuild or buy a remanufactored engine, buy heads, cam, intake, R.R. and everything I will be up to 5 or 6 grand anyway... Might be smarter and cheaper to buy one of these crate engines. I will save money on the rebuild and just pay a local shop for the install... because I am in Iraq and cant do any work myself...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-M...89386371QQrdZ1

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

What do you think about them apples? Or have I just gone crazy because I've been in Iraq far too long??? HHHHAHHAHAHA

Last edited by Airbornejohn007; 06-04-2007 at 03:04 PM.
post #23 of 28 Old 06-04-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Airbornejohn007

(Thread Starter)
Come to think of it... Can any of you guys working at the Dodge dealership get me a better deal on this engine. Maybe I'm not crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old 06-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Senaka

i agree with the others

i tend to stay away from dealerships mostly for the higher cost on not only labor but theres parts are more expensive too

but then again thats why im taking automotive classes so i can fix my beastie of a truck myself anyways about the price

4400 for a engine rebuild is about right but if they just put in a new one it seems kinda high cuz lets figure about 2k for the engine maybe 3k that leaves 1400 for labor which to me seems a bit high considering everything else is there wire harness engine mounts blah blah blah blah i mean if its a professional shop it would probly only take them 3 days to get old engine out marking wires and hose and put the new one in and program the computer for the new engine if its the same type as that was in there too me it doesn seem quite right cuz well either way you look at it its at least a 2 man job so we take 8 hours a day about times it by 3 to get 24 at a shop labor rate of about 70 hmm where my calculator o it comes to 1680 eh

my formula probly isnt sound but theres now way that it take a dealership autoshop more then 24 hours total to take out old and put in new

but thery probly trying to run ya throught a loop to get money just like for instance they charge an hour labor to hook a vehicle up to the computer even though most of the time its takes 5 minutes to hook it up 5 to run through diagnostics and then maybe 10 to decipher the computer codes
post #25 of 28 Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
bigkuntry72
bigkuntry72

dont get me wrong airborne, im not trying to turn you away from the stroker by anymeans. i just wanted to let you know it gets real costly. didnt want you to dive in without knowing like i did, then your engine is in pieces for a year nickel and diming it together. well 2 weeks and it should be runnin, if you want to stroke it, by all means go for it, its a great engine.
post #26 of 28 Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Airbornejohn007

(Thread Starter)
Well this guy with the 5.9L for sale finally got back with me...

It is 360 with the R/T heads 2.02 stainless intake valves-1.62 stainless exhaust valves, Mopar Performance R/T cam, M1 FI Intake, MP 1.7 RR, Black MP Valve covers, MP headers, custom comp cam, water pump, 30lbs FMS injectors, MP cap & rotor, MP wires...

He claims he will give me a good deal... I'm guessing that I can get the whole shabang for around $1700. The only problem is that the lower has 100,000 miles on it and the upper has around 30,000 miles on it.... Still cheaper than the crank rebuild at the dealership. Who knows how long the engine will last but for that price you could afford to rebuild it if it goes... Its got $1700 worth of performance parts on it. Came out of a 97 SS/T does that matter?

What do you guys think about that?

AirborneJohn
post #27 of 28 Old 06-05-2007, 06:47 AM
SmokinMirror
[email protected] !$ oBs0Le+e

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornejohn007
Well this guy with the 5.9L for sale finally got back with me...

It is 360 with the R/T heads 2.02 stainless intake valves-1.62 stainless exhaust valves, Mopar Performance R/T cam, M1 FI Intake, MP 1.7 RR, Black MP Valve covers, MP headers, custom comp cam, water pump, 30lbs FMS injectors, MP cap & rotor, MP wires...

He claims he will give me a good deal... I'm guessing that I can get the whole shabang for around $1700. The only problem is that the lower has 100,000 miles on it and the upper has around 30,000 miles on it.... Still cheaper than the crank rebuild at the dealership. Who knows how long the engine will last but for that price you could afford to rebuild it if it goes... Its got $1700 worth of performance parts on it. Came out of a 97 SS/T does that matter?

What do you guys think about that?

AirborneJohn

Yea I dunno man, those miles are high..... try to bump him down to a grand

"The search for truth is more precious than its possession." - Albert Einstein
post #28 of 28 Old 06-05-2007, 07:47 AM
tactransman
Transmission Man!

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tactransman
Sounds good to me.I wouldn't worry about the 100,000 miles on the lower end.

Terry aka tactransman
'99 Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 Automatic #110 in the White Truck Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aren't you tired of getting your parts for your Super Bee from a kid that thinks a Civic is a "hot rod"!
Mods:
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
Magna Flow Cat and "Y" pipe

46RE Built to the Hilt

Transgo TF OD JR Shift Kit (With Mods)
Billet Cover Converter
Upgraded to five direct clutch drum
Five Overdrive Brake Clutch pack
47RE STEEL front planetary
Sonnax Reverse servo parts
HD Kevlar Lined Rigid Int Band
Deep Pan w/cooling tubes
3.8 ratio Int lever
billet Int servo struts

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in