DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking For Stock Struts

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jimbobway69 
#1 ·
I'm in a bit of a pickle...

I have a 2007 Ram 1500 4x4. Two years ago I installed Rancho Quicklift front struts. I threw away the stock struts away because they were junk.

Fast forward to today. I have a 2 1/2" HBS level kit and Bilstein HD struts waiting to be installed.

My problem is that the Bilsteins require you to reuse the spring seat (circled in red) from the stock strut... that I threw away 2 years ago.

So I am hoping someone has a set of stock struts laying around collecting dust they would be willing to sell me the spring seats off of.

I have checked and no one in the aftermarket makes the part and the dealers won't sell them seperate from the struts (for $400). I have also checked nearly every salvage yard in my area with no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
That sucks! I just threw my old ones out. I would have given them to you. A guy I know that works at the local Meineke is who I take stuff like that to get rid of it. I don't know when their truck comes to haul away the scrap but i'll check and see if they are still there. Honestly though, I doubt it....

#5 ·
Ask a local body shop guy. They have tons of connections and thy can also get parts at a cheap price. They need tins of weird stuf like that when doing a accident fix. Also, look at the nearest scrap yard.

#6 ·
Check with PCP.

#12 ·
Still searching eh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.