DodgeTalk Forum banner

2004 Dodge Durango 5.7l Hemi Limited AWD

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LBICBBIC 
#1 ·
So my Durango started displaying the Serv 4wd light on the dash and noticed it was locked in 4wd, I suspect the Tcase Shift Motor is the culprit. I jacked it up thinking how hard could this be, drop the front drive line, disconnect the shift motor wire, unbolt and replace.... Haha, righttttttt I cannot get the front drive line off, I looked up the manuel instructions says to pull skid plates, drop the exaushst crossover, unbolt and should be able to slide out. But I cant get it slid forward enough to get it off the splines to drop it! All the vehicles I have done in the past were a piece of cake... all you had to do was unbolt from front Dif and let to drop below cross member and slide it out. However this beast has a large welded cross member right below where it bolts so you cant drop it... HELP! haha.

#2 ·
Hello well i just read your post on AWD SVC service light on the dash cluster & locked in 4x4 mode . I having the same issue i been troubleshooting it on & off for a month now . I parked it tell i figure it out . Did you figure your out yet hopefully u did & hope u will pass it on .Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.