DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First alignment at 190,000 miles.

985 views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  hdandb 
#1 ·
This has really been one great truck. I have had to replace the passenger hub bearing twice and until this week when I bought some new tires, the lower ball joints. First time she's been aligned. This is one tough truck because I drive down some mean dirt roads. You guy's having the same front end performance?

#10 ·
x2 once i put my level on i had it done

#4 ·
Still under factory warranty,35k, and have had 2 that I had to pay for. Funny enough the warranty does not cover, are you ready for this, "road wear". A front end alignment, road wear, are you F-ing kidding me????

To answer your question, No I'm not having the same performance as you. Thanks for asking

#6 ·
This has really been one great truck. I have had to replace the passenger hub bearing twice and until this week when I bought some new tires, the lower ball joints. First time she's been aligned. This is one tough truck because I drive down some mean dirt roads. You guy's having the same front end performance?
Good to hear as my farm truck is well on its way with 74k miles in 19 months, and it gets worked HARD with lots of high RPMs, offroad driving around the orchards, and overloading during fruit season. Only repairs to date (both covered under LPT warranty) were a drippy water pump and a leaky output shaft seal on the front differential. Absolutely no alignment/suspension work done thus far (except for new Bilsteins to replace the worthless stockers) and doesn't feel like it'll need any for a while.

#7 ·
100k on mine.. rubber on the upper ball joints is busting, but ive got 35" tires and tend to take turns a little faster than i should in a lifted/fat tired truck.. i guess i can blame myself more than dodge on that one.. been great otherwise

#8 ·
I just had my front end aligned for the first time at 50,000 miles on my '05 after replacing the cheap factory tie rod ends. I was expecting the caster/camber (whatever the verticle setting is) to be way off after putting in quite a few miles on some rocky mountain trails. I even broke my air dam on one of the trails so I was really expecting to get my money out of the alignment. Turns out the only thing that needed adjustment was the toe as the caster/camber was still within spec.

I have good expectations of my front end now with the exceptions of the factory ball joints. I am very happy that the IFS can take a pretty good beating without messing up the alignment. I would prefer a solid axle front end but Dodge must've done their homework when they designed their IFS (with the exceptions of the tie rod ends and ball joints).

#9 ·
I have 26k miles on mine, been through 3 alignments so far. A fourth one coming up this friday and this is all out of my pocket.

1st alignment- 2k miles
2nd-8k
3rd-21k
4th- this friday and have about 26k on the odometer

#11 ·
Something ain't right with that. Either you have something bad in the front end, the shop doesn't know what they are doing, or I supposed you could just be nuts for rocky off road trails. I'd try a differnet shop next time. Also, when you drop it off request for them to give you the alignment rack printout sheet when they are done so you know how far off it was or wasn't (plus it seems the shops take a little more effort when they know you want the sheet). Just my two cents...

#12 ·
the 3-36 warranty should cover that stuff. i had a tie rod end and upper balljoint go bad on my 08 already at 25k. they replaced under warranty and did alignment. my 02 was rock solid truck that had no problems unless i broke it doing something i should not have been. my 08 is falling apart just driving it back and forth to work evey day.

#14 ·
Yes if you have an apparent issue such as yourself, but if you are like me with no apparent issues then the dealerships tell you to f-off. The 3-36 does not cover road wear. I went to the dealership at 8k, 8 f-ing 000 miles, and they told me that it would $89.95. What about the warranty because it is has ONLY 8000 Miles on it,... road wear.

ballmart since we are having the same issue and out of curiosity, which way are you pulling? Mine goes to the left every time.

04HEMI09 I lived in Texas for years and took advantage of the lifetime alignment from Firestone. The Firestones I went to in both GA and NC do not offer the lifetime alignment, but as I sit here typing this I just thought that I should go in and ask if they offer it. Maybe they do not have the banners flying because they don't want people to know. IDK?

#13 ·
Guys!! Yall need to go to Firestone.. if available where yall live and get the lifetime warranty on the allignment. I paid 150 for mine back in 05 since I lowered the 2004 and I take it often just for the heck of its.. I pay not 1 dollar when I go so why not!!>

#15 ·
'02 Ram has 120,000 miles. Never been aligned. It has the original sway bar bushings and end links, ball joints, tie rods and hub bearings -- front end is all original except for shocks.

#17 ·
Brought it to a different dealership for a front end inspection friday. Tie rods have more than allowable movement which is probably causing my alignment to go off and a vibration at highway speeds. They'll replace the rods under warranty but there still having me pay for an alignment because its not covered under warranty.

#18 ·
If you really push the issue my dealer finally admitted that Chrysler covers the toe alignment if the tie rods are replaced under warranty. If your confident your camber/caster is correct (which it should be with all your alignments), push the issue hard and they might finally admit it and do the toe alignment under warranty.

When I had one bad tie rod end, I ended up just buying both Moog tie rod ends and installing them myself and having a tire shop do the alignment for a total of $150 versus the $100 deductable at Dodge for just one replaced tie rod and not having my camber/caster adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.