DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bypass Parking Brake on DVD Player???

15K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Ken702 
#1 ·
I just got a in dash Dvd Player but it can only be played when the parking brake is on. I heard there is a way to bypass. Does anyone know how or have pics of how to? Its a Jensen....Thanks-Garrett-

#2 ·
You probably just have to ground the wire that goes from the DVD to parking brake, but who knows I know on Alpines you can't just do that. Do you just have to put on the parking brake and thats it, or do you have to touch the brake pedal as well?

#3 ·
I just have to have the Parking Brake on....I Found the wire that goes to the wire that connects the parking brake and I took it off and ive tried grounding it but it doesnt work then again i might not be grounding it right

#5 ·
So did you take the wire that was connected from the dash to the parking brake off and just grounded it...or did you keep the wire on the parking brake wire and ground that??-garrett-

#6 ·
On my Alpine I had to ground the wire and then put a switch between where it was grounded and the unit. Then you hit the switch and it is fooled to thinking you have the parking brake on.

#7 ·
On a Jensen you will need a toggle switch. Connect one side of the switch to grond and the other side to the parking brake wire on the Jensen. You have to switch the switch on and off a few times ending in the on position.

#8 ·
alright i'll go get a switch and keep ya'll updated thanks so far

#10 ·
ALright i went and got a toggle switch and i have it grounded and the wire hooked up and it still doesnt work...anything else that could be wrong??

#11 ·
When I had a toggle switch on my Alpine, I had to press down on the foot brake then switch the toggle, and let off the foot brake for it to work. I now have a bypass so I don't have to screw with it.

#12 ·
Driving with the parking brake on FTW!

#14 ·
h2omelon said:
On a Jensen you will need a toggle switch. Connect one side of the switch to grond and the other side to the parking brake wire on the Jensen. You have to switch the switch on and off a few times ending in the on position.
thats what i had to do to get my pioneer to work...works great now. i hid the switch so if i get pulled over i can hit the switch and show the officer it DOES work like its supposed to....(but only when johnny law is behind me!) ;)

#15 ·
i fit is a jensen you have to turn teh switch on then off wait 2 seconds then on again and wait 5 seconds. then teh blue screen will go away. on my kenwood all you have to do is ground the wire. manufacters are getting better at integration these days.

#17 ·
I am getting an Alpine installed today and was wondering the same thing.

I just looked at the wiring schematic and it show the head unit looking for a VDC signal. There are two wires to be hooked up.

1. in the foot brake lamp wire circuit.
2. in the parking brake lamp wire circuit.

Each of these wires are to be inline connected which will have a 12 VDC signal going to the head unit and will allow operation.

This is for the Alpine IVA-D310 only this may not be correct for others.

#19 ·
insert dvd when blue screen comes up hit....

stop twice on remote

1 2 6 4 on remote

right joystick up twice then push in once

System setup on remote twice

#21 ·
Well the newest units now have a gyroscope in them - sometimes 3 of them. Grounding the wire just won't work, if it senses movement it's not working!

#22 ·
I'm really not trying to bypass it yet. I am only trying to hook it up right..... I want to actually have to depress the parking brake and watch a DVD. I just dont know what 2 parking brake wires to hook my 2 alpine wires and I'm stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.