DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainesville GTG, Feb. 10th

13K views 420 replies 21 participants last post by  Shambo 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know we are going to be having another GTG this time in Gainesville on Feb 10th 2007. The racing will be done at Gainesville Raceway, cost is $20 to race and $5 to watch. Racing begins at 10am and runs till 4pm. We will go out to dinner after the racing is done! Im posting this up for andrew (04QuadCab8) since he cant do it till this weekend lets see if we can get another great turn out like the last one! Hope to see you there!!!! If you have any questions feel free to contact andrew or myself about this.

Attending
1. eatsleepdrivesc

#77 ·
schawks73 said:
i think that after this little mod of apkram should put him down at LEAST in the mid 15's and maybe even low 15's would you think andy? and if i remember correctly, did you run a 15.3 or something in that neighborhood?
-David
No I dont know that he will pick up almost a full second with the gears but I say he should be around mid 15's, I know it was a world of difference in my 04 4.7 with the 4.56's but still didn't feel as strong as the Hemi does.

Yeah my 2 runs in Orlando were a 15.22 and 15.23, but remember I carry more weight than most of the others who come to the meet. I keep my system in there and I have the fiberglass tonneau, and running boards, and I usually have a few things in the bed (you know I like to know what I could run any other day of the week) so thats a slight disadvantage to my times.

#78 ·
He was right there with my times, only a few 10ths behind so I'd say he'll be faster than me. That's cool with me....

I think most of our trucks are pretty close, 8/10th is a lot to gain but really no big deal!!! I'll just have to crush your little height challenged trucks!!! Hahaha

#79 · (Edited)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! GREGZILLA IS COMING!!!!!! GREGZILLA IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!

on saterday :D J/K

anyways andy, he said he installed a shift kit too... and honostly i dunno what that even is, but it sounds cool, so i bet its worth a few 1/10's LOL ;)

well anyways, its gonna be a fun meet reguardless

BTW ultimateram, were you down in florida again, i SWEAR i saw you going down 95 near titusville (titUS not titIES maka... calm down) with the camper and all... it was an EXACT replica... :D

-David

#80 ·
schawks73 said:
anyways andy, he said he installed a shift kit too... and honostly i dunno what that even is, but i sounds cool, so i bet its would a few 1/10's LOL ;)

-David
A shift kit in these trucks will give you smoother shifts with no hesitation, whereas our truck take about 50-100rpms before they complete the shift the shift kit makes it almost instant. It may pick up 1/10th but I doubt more than that and I'm not saying he's slow either he will be pretty damn close to the Hemi's and even probably beat the 4X4's.

He will probably beat most QC Hemi's that he runs into on the street as most of the rams I see on the street really only have an exhaust and a few appearance goodies.

#81 ·
i raced my friend's BMW 3 series today. he has an intake, exhaust and chip. he slowly started pulling at 65. i pulled him up to there. i had a person in the car with me, he didn't. is the gainesville track supposed to be any faster than orlando?

#82 ·
Well it is an NHRA track so it is usually prepped better but hopefully we will have some nice cold air in Feb. that will definetly help get some lower numbers.

#83 ·
Hey all well the cutout is in and man is it awesome!!!!! So much fun!

#84 ·
Sounds good as hell to i must admit... my 40 series sounds MUTE compared to that beast :D

Anyways I found a perfect spot for our next orlando meet to eat, i was on my way back home and i saw a sign that said "Happy Hour: Lobster Tail and Beer" I thought to myself "GOOD GOD!! Those are my three FAVORITE things!!!" :D

Anyway, still lookin fer a job, put in an appy at the airport here in town so hopefull thatll work, and i just realized today that im gonna be puttin 600mi/wk on the truck JUST for school, which is about 2500/mo and 4 months/semester... thats a YEARS worth of warrenty/mileage/gas/oil changes in 4 months... im gonna havta think of something :dunno:

-David

#85 ·
BTW, did yall see the OSU band perform at Half time...Pretty ironic eh? :D

:thatfunny

-David

#86 ·
well it not might be an electric cutout, but i have my exhaust rigged up now where i can loosen 2 bolts, unscrew the O2 sensor and i have it straight out of the cat. sounds pretty mean. my buddy and me just drove around the parking garage setting off car alarms. good times...

#87 ·
ROFL i love doing that... i also bump my stereo REAL loud to set em off too... its HILARIOUS!!! btw im getting my 4.56's and auburn LSD put on tuesday, so itll be broken in by the weekend, and some playtime during the next couple weeks heading into the meet... But im still gonna have to drive my moms old pimpmobile to school now to save on gas and warrenty mileage... oh well... ill survive :D

-David

#88 ·
well i guess its time i chimed in on this thread...im sittin waitin for class to start over here at SCC...
this meet should be pretty fun, hopefully I have everything lined up by then to be able to cut some quick times. anyone gonna be sitting out of the racing action?

anyone goin to the rolex next weekend? Gonna be awesome!!

#89 ·
If any of you are going to be bringing guest/signifigant other with you please let us know how many will be in your group (you + ?) so we can start to get an idea of how many people we will have so we can consider dinner after the track. If you wont be coming to dinner afterwards please let us know that as well. Thanks!

Attending:
1.eatsleepdrivesc
2.ApkRam (+1 maybe)
3.GC714 (+2 maybe)
4.ospreytrainer01 (+1)
5.04QuadCab8 (+1)
6.davids94
7.schawks73
8.blkramlb22s (+2)
9.360ciRAM (maybe)
10.pickle (maybe)
11.se7en (maybe)
12.004Hemi

#90 ·
04QuadCab8 said:
If any of you are going to be bringing guest/signifigant other with you please let us know how many will be in your group (you + ?) so we can start to get an idea of how many people we will have so we can consider dinner after the track. If you wont be coming to dinner afterwards please let us know that as well. Thanks!

Attending:
1.eatsleepdrivesc
2.ApkRam (+1 maybe)
3.GC714 (+2 maybe)
4.ospreytrainer01 (+1)
5.04QuadCab8 (+1)
6.davids94
7.schawks73
8.blkramlb22s (+2)
9.360ciRAM (maybe)
10.pickle (maybe)
11.se7en (maybe)
12.004Hemi
you can me down as a maybe .... not sure if I am gonna run the truck but I will have stock size tires 276/60/20 (cooper Dicovere HT +) getting them put on Saturday Morning (1/20/07) and SOLD the Mud Grapplers to a guy in Ocala so the Gas Savings will be signifanct .. or atleast I hope so :rck:

#91 ·
Cool. hope you can make it...

Attending:
1.eatsleepdrivesc
2.ApkRam (+1 maybe)
3.GC714 (+2 maybe)
4.ospreytrainer01 (+1)
5.04QuadCab8 (+1)
6.davids94
7.schawks73
8.blkramlb22s (+2)
9.360ciRAM (maybe)
10.pickle (maybe)
11.se7en (maybe)
12.004Hemi
13.sherdep (maybe)

#92 ·
sherdep said:
you can me down as a maybe .... not sure if I am gonna run the truck but I will have stock size tires 276/60/20 (cooper Dicovere HT +) getting them put on Saturday Morning (1/20/07) and SOLD the Mud Grapplers to a guy in Ocala so the Gas Savings will be signifanct .. or atleast I hope so :rck:

Oh man I hope it was worth it!!!

Did you ever run it with the muds? Curious how close our trucks were.

#93 ·
More than likely my girl Kristy will be joining us, if you want to add her to the list,

Oh and Greg, THE ONE TOUCH IS AMAZING

#94 ·
Glad to be of service!!! Who's next??????? Lol

#95 ·
GC714 said:
Oh man I hope it was worth it!!!

Did you ever run it with the muds? Curious how close our trucks were.
No I never raced with the grapplers on but I bet we would be pretty close with the exception of the intake you have.

#96 ·
I don't know if that really helps much. According to my data acc. prior to the CAI and my 1 track run with the CAI it was equal.

#97 ·
Thats probably because the SC isn't totally accurate, a good intake will usually get you around 1/10 in the 1/4

#99 ·
Sweet! Getting close cant wait.

For those of you that didn't read all the post we are gona meet at the same place as last time just to get everyone together and then we will drive to the track together, we probably need to leave around 9:45 am so please get there before then to ride with everyone else.

#100 ·
i didn't go last time so where exactly did we meet? i'll be coming from I-75 north

#101 ·
Gainesville exit 390 (39th Ave) head east about 3.5 miles turn left on 51st Street (traffic light) Turn right into parking lot and you will see everyone just ahead on your left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.