DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What have you broken on your truck?

2K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  mocho 
#1 ·
OK, so its late, and I was bored, so made this White Black Line
got to thinking, what major things have you broke on you truck so far? Pics and vids are welcome too :)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
powersteering pump... blew the bearing around the shaft for the pulley.... sliding off a paved road into a washout on the side of the road..... got a little to aggressive using the steering wheel to work my way out....
Airdam... driving backwards too fast off a curb... front end came down and smacked the curb..
Coin holder... clip to hold it up broke. (old age?)
rearview mirror.... (15" sub producing tooo much bass for factory glue to hold on windshield)
front grille.... 18wheeler threw a rock the size of a golfball (broke facory honeycomb grille) got a 100bill outta it cause driver idnt want more issues with insurance...

front license plate holder.... happened with part #1

#3 ·
Cup holders, clip on rear sliding window, Fog lights

powersteering pump, after doing donuts in a field @ 3 in the morn.. ( good times good times )

on the 3rd Radiator. Upper & Lower Rad. hoses, different times

Cracked head do to over heating ( see line above)

Chipped a tooth on the rear gears.
last 2 replaced under warranty

#4 ·
Wow, you guys are rough. I had my tailgate down with the tongue latch of my trailor up and pulled off. That caught my tailgate handle and popped it right with ease. Thats is for me.

#5 ·
Air dam - going off road - thing sat too low - now its off and its fine
Left front strut - too much bouncy bounce. On a side note - those worried about a Top Gun level kit 2.5 inches - I've had the front tires off the ground a few times - no problems! :)

Thats it! My truck has been good to me.

#6 ·
The only thing I have ever broke was the clip for the rear sliding window and the only reason I broke it because i locked my keys in it and my spare was 6 hours away.

#7 ·
Nothing....unless a pinion seal counts

#8 ·
Nothing part of the truck. However I did runover my sisters Gameboy Advance that she "accidently dropped" way over to the right where she never goes right on my tire tracks on the ground. Sounds a little fishy.

However my truck is still too new to have anything broken on it.

#9 ·
Air damn torn off in a mud pit....tailgate dented hooking up a trailer after several beers....windshild cracked by rock....step rails bent and removed climbing out os a creek bed....fog lamp lense cracked by rock.....small dent in rear bumper compliments of my wife and a Wally World light pole.....pretty good dent in drivers door from some jerk second day I had the truck...many mild to not so mild scratches from tree branches...truck still looks sharp from a distance though...just don't get too close...

#11 ·
hehe maybe.

#12 ·
#13 ·
I actually hate chevy pickups alot more than fords.

#16 ·
two trannys and two rear ends.

#17 ·
I guess i like the two equally. I dont like the looks of the 09 f150..i liked the looks of the 08s though.

#19 ·
cracked windshield with rock, got a leak somewhere in the cooling system, cover on flip out storage thingy next to cupholder, think thats all tho

#20 ·
The blend door on the HVAC system 2 days after buying the truck. The dealer took care of it though.

#21 ·
Ok, here goes my list....

2 PCM's
5 Valve Springs
3 Rods
3 aftermarket intakes
1 Thermostat
1 Powersteering Pump
2 Idler Pulley's
3 Batteries
2 Belts
Exhaust from the cat-back
1 Airdam
3 A-Pillars
2 B-Pillars
1 Overhead Console
1 Center Console
Center Seat Bealt
All window switch panels
Driverside Bedside
Chrome Bumper
Spare Tire Hanger
Tailgate

I'm sure there are some I've missed. I've never been in a major accident either.

#22 ·
wow, this must be your truck! White Black Line

do you do a lot of off-roading?

#24 ·
Yes, I do lots of off-roading. I'm not gonna go out and be a wuss just so I don't scratch the paint.

#26 ·
amen to that, From a distance, my paint looks good, but when close, you can see all the fun Ive had! Its a truck, its meant to get beat up a bit!

#27 ·
Yes, it started shooting ATF4 all over the place and smelled like burnt nastiness. Oh ya, I couldn't steer either, hahahaha :D

Sorry, mine went out while offroading. It didn't slowly die, it was quick and disasterous :)

#28 ·
in my other dodge:

rattled a bolt that holds onto a front shock lose
that made the boots (in and out) blow
which made me bend the axel shaft
which shattered my gears...
water pump
rack and pinion
something about not being able to steer if my truck left the lot... :crazy:

nice pole in a parking lot put a nice dent in my back bumper

on my new truck...
so far, nothing but Texas pin striping all over, will not come out (hog hunting at night and not enough roads in the brush :rck: )
2nd, see my avatar, "oh shit" handle getting in truck one fine morning to come to work, just ripped it lose, fell out, coffee went everywhere... :D

#29 ·
Oy yeah...also forgot that I bent a steering stabalizer shock slamming it into a rock in a mud pit...

#30 ·
The door lock/ window bezels, front driver and passenger sides.
power steering high pressure line.

#32 ·
Holy shiz, you boys are rough on your rams LOL

The only thing I've done is dented up my bumper 2 months after I bought the truck when that big red and black fire hydrant jumped out in front of me ;)

Cost me a $150 ticket and 30 days court supervision.

The GMC Jimmy of the other driver involved wasn't so lucky. He didn't get a ticket but his truck got jacked up bad.

#33 ·
umm lets see parked next to a cement base of a light pole with the wheel at full left then jumped get in a huge rush and just stepped on the pedal took out the hole rear panel, got rear ended so new bumper, and forklift with a cab on it the door smashed into the drivers side headlight and all, does that count oh almost forgot i broke one of the 2screws that holds the tailgate handle trying to install the tailgate lock that should have standard on all models starting back when they first made the truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.