DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

so I thought I was getting good mpg...

840 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Mudchucker 
#1 ·
until I got my build sheet and found the original owner opted for the 34 gallon fuel tank :crazy:

Now 350 miles per tank mixed city/highway doesnt seem great afterall:bawl:

#3 ·
Don't know about you, but I space the hell out standing at the pumps, and just end up paying, driving away forgetting what just happened 20 minutes later LOL!

#4 ·
I keep a running spreadsheet with each fill up, including the price I paid, the grade of gas I put in, and the mileage. I have pretty darn accurate mpg readings and I can tell you to the penny how much I've spent on gas. You can do lots of fun things like figure out how much you spend per MILE - for me it's roughly $.23 per mile... anyway, it's just a nice thing to do and pretty easy. When you get the receipt, just write down the info and when you get home pop it in a spreadsheet. you can also keep track of maintenance items such as when you changed oil, tranny fluid, coolant, etc...

#14 ·
I do the same thing. My fiance makes fun of me for it. I have averaged 13.47 MPG since I bought the truck a little over a year ago. I even graph the MPG and Cost/Gallon.

#12 ·
You have to reflash the pcm as well. The bigger tank is a pain in the butt.

#15 ·
I have the 34gal tank and in the winter I am about 180mi during the winter and 200mi+ for HALF tank during summer. And this is also mixed highway city,.. about 60/40 split, also included idle time for warm up in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.