DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel / P0406

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BigKRaul 
#1 ·
I just got back from a 300 mile round trip to PA and when I backed into my driveway and put the truck in park I got a CEL, well I checked the code with my superchip and it gave me P0406 EGR Position Sensor Circuit High... Any suggestions or do you think I need to replace the EGR valve? The truck runs fine but I can't clear the code. The only thing I did recently was put a CAI on for about two days and then went back to stock but that was on Tuesday that I returned to stock and have been driving the truck each day since with no issue. Any suggestions or help would be great... I had this in another section but the general talk gets more traffic.

Update: This is strange, I let the truck cool down and now I have no CEL at all and no codes??? Could the truck have just been hot from sitting in traffic or is this some kind of fluke. I am confused...

#3 ·
I had the Spectre kit that AirRam sells and I have had it on and off a couple of times, I took it off because I didn't like the sound and the mount to the fender broke off the intake tube.

#4 ·
Drove the truck this morning and the code popped back up before I got out of my driveway, the strange part is the CEL was on the SC couldn't pull a code. I reset the PCM and then the light came back on and I was able to pull the same code. I guess I need to go to the dealer and buy a new EGR unless I can get it cheaper at Auto Zone or Advance Auto. Any ideas???

#5 ·
get it at advance ... About thirty bucks mine was ... The cel will go away after a couple trips but if the egr fails your truck will shut off in motion and you will lose steering and brakes power ... Not fun best to change it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.