Problems Starting when its cold? - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 24 Old 12-19-2009, 10:08 AM
crasher76
Im wired!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
its good old watery gas try a bottle of heet in every tank till spring the hemi will run like shit with out it been there done that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2003 QC SB SLT 4x4 Offroad 5.7L HEMI, Original Owner 3.92 LSD, 260 cam, 6.1 Rods/Springs, Home Ported/Polished Heads, Psc1, 04 Map sensor and Fuel pump assembly, Oil pressure guage, Amsoil, Champs, MSD 8.5MM Full length Wires, Transgo HD w/out resistor, Superchip, 180 T-Stat, K/N 77 Series, Ceramic Flowtech headers with Y-Pipe, Stage 8 locks, Ditched the cat, O2 sensor mod, Jack Rabbit bed cover, Sprayed bed liner, Big Mouth Grill-Black, Blackend Headlights/Tails, Silverstar ultras, Ditched all chrome, Custom 10's sub enclosure, Upgraded 160 amp alt, Window tint, Relocated purge valve, Energy suspension bushings, Rear spring clamps, Rebuilt front suspension, Ditched Sway Bar, Passport 8500 Radar Detector, Ditched the baby seat- kid wasnt mine, Cigarette burn in the seat mod, Debadged, Custom Rewired/Properly Grounded.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 12-21-2009, 12:48 PM
irishmedic
Daytona 8398

I had the same issue again on saturday, my truck would not start again. I did get it started on sunday and the exhaust smelled like the fuel was really rich. It could be possible that I have a bad sensor and I will know more tomorrow when I get my truck inspected. I will let you guys know.

Jon
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona #8398
Silver Truck Number 212
Quad Cab Number 40
SuperChips 3865
Spectre CAI
[COLOR="NGK Plugs
Taylor Wires Blue Full Length 8.2 Thunder Volts
85mm Ported TB
Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster
AirRam PowerWire
AirRam Jet Stream Scoop
Jet 180 TStat
Borla Exhaust
Magnaflow Y Pipe
RP in motor/differentials/transmission/radiator/power steering/transfer case
Bilstien Shocks
Painted calipers
Drilled and slotted rotors x 4
Sirius Sat Radio
WeatherTech Window Vents and floor mats
Access Tonnosport
Dupli-color bedliner with kevlar

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport (wife's vehicle)
Spectre drop in filter
Jet 180 TStat
RP in motor/differentials/transmission/radiator/power steering
Drilled and slotted rotors (fronts only)
General Grabber AT2 tires
Blacked out rims
Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks/Skyjacker Hydro 7000 steering stabilizer
Painted calipers
Sirius Sat Radio
post #23 of 24 Old 12-22-2009, 12:28 PM
irishmedic
Daytona 8398

I just got home from my mechanics garage. I told told him about the problem I had twice when the weather was 20 degrees and he could not find anything wrong. No codes, plugs are in great shape, he looked at my shorty wires and said there is nothing wrong with them and they would not be the issue with starting problem. He was hoping to find a code but he couldn't. He said it could be possible the colder the weather is probably playing with either the fuel pump or a fuel sensor, but without any codes he couldn't narrow it down anymore then that. The temp in my area has been above 25 the passed 2 days and I did not have any issues, we'll see tomorrow morning when the outside temp is supposed to be down or below 20 degrees. I was hoping to have more of an answer for you guys but that is all I got.

Jon
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona #8398
Silver Truck Number 212
Quad Cab Number 40
SuperChips 3865
Spectre CAI
[COLOR="NGK Plugs
Taylor Wires Blue Full Length 8.2 Thunder Volts
85mm Ported TB
Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster
AirRam PowerWire
AirRam Jet Stream Scoop
Jet 180 TStat
Borla Exhaust
Magnaflow Y Pipe
RP in motor/differentials/transmission/radiator/power steering/transfer case
Bilstien Shocks
Painted calipers
Drilled and slotted rotors x 4
Sirius Sat Radio
WeatherTech Window Vents and floor mats
Access Tonnosport
Dupli-color bedliner with kevlar

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport (wife's vehicle)
Spectre drop in filter
Jet 180 TStat
RP in motor/differentials/transmission/radiator/power steering
Drilled and slotted rotors (fronts only)
General Grabber AT2 tires
Blacked out rims
Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks/Skyjacker Hydro 7000 steering stabilizer
Painted calipers
Sirius Sat Radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old 12-22-2009, 12:44 PM
69rrbruce
Ya it's got a Hemi!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknblackhemi View Post
Full length msd wires are kinda pointless though, cause with full length wires your still using your secondary plugs as secondary plugs, that only fire when there is no compression, the point of shorty wires is to use your secondary plugs with your primary's so you have 2 spark plugs firing together. Cause your primary plugs are fired by the coil directly and does the combustion then the secondary would normally fire after to "clean" up whatever unburned fuel would be left. So I don't see full length wires being of any benefit. Or at least thats the way I understand it.
This is a common misunderstanding.....both plugs fire under compression, one from coil above cylinder and one from coil on opposite bank.....here is an earlier post describing the actual coil/plug firing sequence....

https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...6&postcount=15

Bruce

1998 Dakota RC - 5.7 Hemi Powered - 6.1 Cam, pushrods & springs, DS Predator 91 tune, LX intake manifold, aluminum fuel rails, 2006+ coils & valve covers, SST dual exhaust, Magnaflow muffler & Pypes tips, 545RFE w/ Sonnax line pressure booster, Lokar floor shifter, 9.25 diff w/ Powertrax Lock-rite locker, Dynamic Grounding system,Viper electric fan, custom aluminum fan shroud & CAI, hood nosed, tailgate and fenders shaved, Sir Michaels rollpan.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in