DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

love problems with a new truck in the morn

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Noved 
#1 ·
So this morning i got up, got ready for work, and went down to the garage and fired up the beast. (08 dodge ram hemi)

Had a hard time turning over and then just barelly started, looked down none of my gauges are working...i was like great then about 5 seconds later they all come on. So i'm thinking to myself, minor glitch...wait a minute then took off down the street to my suprise, no power no growl from the exhaust can't get the truck over 2 grand or 20 km's an hour.

So now i'm pissed, so i putt down the street and pull into a deserted parking lot, check everything no funny sign's no warning lights or chimes. so i turn the truck off and start looking some more.

Few minutes latter i re start the truck and everything is perfect again, so i had a bad battery that has been going for a bit now. Would a low system voltage cause a computer to not boot up properlly. Because i would expect the motor to have a hard time turning over especially being a little cold, but for these type's of issues i have no idea.

any info or thoughts is appreciated thanks

#2 ·
Yes, batteries can raise hell with the system big time. Sounds like you had low voltage after sitting all night, then the alt. charged it up a bit for the good restart.

#3 ·
thanks, that's what i thought, went into work(napa) and have a new battery in my truck for tonight, dual posts make it a lil easier for access cables and big system

#4 ·
newer cars are horrible with dead batteries..

Like the new acura MDX's and RDX's

When the battery needs replaced or is going bad all of the warning lights turn on, gauges go crazy..

This lady comes in thinking her car was going to blow up... it needed a battery..

#5 ·
new battery is in, went with a new dual post style and did the big three on the truck well i was at, system pounds hard now.

#6 ·
my truck did the same thing when the ole mopar battery crapped out

#7 ·
If you have an 08 its a little early for the battery to be going out it would seem. I have an 08 also and while up hunting it was pretty cold down below zero and I had no problems with starting up.

#9 ·
Those Mopar batteries don't last very long. I switched to a Optima Red Top for my '07 Ram. Need to find something better than stock for my Jeep too.

#10 ·
i hate everything stock, lol...the mopar battery was crap, i didn't even try to gety warranty because of all the modifications done to it...it was a bad cap that killed the stock crap battery.

system pounds harder now with the new battery and after doing the "big 3"

#12 ·
Suppose the big thump in the trunk had anything to do with the early demise of the "crap" battery?

#11 ·
good to know if that ever happens to me, thanks for posting.

#15 ·
lol ha ha ha ha depends how they're treated there's always better lol.

#17 ·
I will remember this if i encounter the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.