DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door lock problem. PLEASE HELP

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  JeffB2002 
#1 ·
My front drivers side door lock in not being activated by my remote. I also can not manually put it to the unlock position. When I use the key I really have to strugle to ulock the door. All other doors are working just fine.

Now I have searched the posts and found similar problems. The question I have is, I have seen many different names for the all in one unit I need to repalce, door lock actuator, door lock latch assembly, ect. and the only part I can find online (at Autozone) is called a power door lock switch. Is this what I need to replace.

Thanks in Advance

#2 ·
Youre not going to find the part at AZ. The latch, lock actuator and dome light switch are all in that assembly. You replace it as a whole so it is only a dealer item. What year is your truck and maybe we can help you come up with a part number.

#3 ·
Sounds like it's just the driver door actuator problem, if all your other doors are locking. other thought would be the wiring going from door to a-pillar (through rubber boot) has issues with wire breaking.

#5 ·
I would think the 'switch' is the master control switch on door to unlock the others.

#9 ·
It's a 2004 quad cab, the problem is on the driver's side.

And this might be a stupid question, but I found a cople of websites that sell oem parts. Would this be sonsidered the latch assembly? And if it is It ask's right of left side. How do you determine that? looking at the truck so right side if the its the drivers door, or sitting in it, so the left side?

#13 ·
Door panel is easy 4 or 5 screws 2 bottom, 1 behind door opening handle, 1 door closing grab, and 1 by the mirror, lift up 1/2" disconnect electronics and door opening rod. the biggest issue is getting the door actuator our and back in, w/ it properly aligned. I had a tough time with getting the linkages to snap together, altough that was a 10 minute "figure out". Realize without actuator you door will not stay closed.

#17 ·
Like I said, it was my drivers door that also did it. And pretty much all of the threads I have seen with guys having this issue are all the front drivers door.

#19 ·
I dont anymore. I know you will need to pull the door cover, remove the wiring harnesses, and take loose the two toxk screws holding the actuator in. There are three more torx that hold the window tract in place. You need to loosen them so you can move the tract out of the way to get the auctuator out.

#20 ·
When I changed mine I rolled the window up all the way and the actuator was not in play. Mine is an 02 so I do not know if there are different actuators out there. Make sure you keep track as to which bar goes where. You will see what I mean when you get into it. That door lock module controls not only the electric locks, but the outside and inside door handles. It's an easy fix...just take your time and look what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.