Trans May Have Blown, Need Help - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 09:34 AM
RAMROD24
Kyle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My reverse went out on mine, they said a snap ring fell out and cycled through my whole tranny. Cost me 1800 for a whole rebuild, came with a 3 year 36 thousand mile warranty. I got it done at Pro Transmission, theres alot around in the US which is nice. Also they stand behind all there work.

'03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Silver 5.9L 4x4
3" PA body lift
Mopar wheel well liners
Ready Lift torsion bar keys
17" Black Dick Cepek DC-1's
35" Mickey Thompson MTZ's
Magnaflow high flow converter
Flowmaster 10 series race muffler dumped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 AM
AmericanRobster
Silver Bullet

Send a message via AIM to AmericanRobster
I had the same thing happen on my Chevy also. It happened 2 times.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 THUNDER ROAD 4.7 V8
Lifetime Power Train Warranty Holder

15% Tint, K&N Air Filter, Denso Platinum TT Spark Plugs, DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, 3.92 Gears

Soon to come...

Exausts, Stereo

post #23 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
z3r0
The Man In Black

(Thread Starter)
the thing is i can get a factory replacement for 1300 w/ 4:10 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 AM
kicker417

thats not bad at all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Electric Blue DODGE RAM 1500 QC 4x4

35'' Nitto Mud Grapplers on 2010 chrome dodge wheels, K&N CAI, cherry bomb extreme, Diablo Predator 91modifie, 2.5 Top Gunz leveling kit with 1.5 block in the rear, 180 T-stat, limo tint on top of limo tint,Kenwood Double din screen,kicker components. New transmission, New motor. Amsoil all around
post #25 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 02:40 PM
wyome
Rockin' the free world

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0 View Post
^^^ any idea on the cost for a rebuild? is that what they are doing?
All done under warranty...they said a pump failed on it. Was supposed to pick it up Saturday, but they said after rebuild it was still wonky.

Hopefully we get it back next week..

David E.

Peace

2008 1500 SLT QC 4X4

Military Truck Club Member #60

U.S. Air Force

Black Truck Club Member #137

Hella's Behind the Grille Club - Member #21
post #26 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
RubberFrog
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0 View Post
the thing is i can get a factory replacement for 1300 w/ 4:10 gears
how do you get a trans with 4:10?

'07 QCSB, Flame Red 5.7 4x4 SLT
Performance:
Internal: Custom Cam, 180 T-Stat - Intake: Ported Throttle Body, K&N Filter - Exhaust: Edelbrock Shorties, Magnaflow Y Pipe, Raceland Cutout, Dumped Gibson Catback
Tuning & Monitoring: SuperChimps, Aeroforce Interceptor w/ afr
Suspension & Tires:
Lift: 6" Suspension, 3" Body Lift - Wheels: Custom Painted BMF S.O.T.A.s, 37" Trail Grapplers, Mopar Wheel Well Liners
Appearance:
Bed: Leer 100XQ Shell, Line-x XTRA, Defender Roof Rack - Other: SRT Hood, Bushwacker Pocket Flares,Tow Mirrors, Nerf Bars, 2500 Tow Hooks, Shorty Antenna, Tactical Grill
AV:
Tunes: Kenwood DDX512, Infinity Reference Speakers, Kicker 10" Sub, Kicker 400.1 Amp, FoxBox - Video: 10.4" TFT-LCD Flip-down Overhead Monitor, R Cam, Chuck Norris Kicked My Ass
Lighting:
Led Tails, Smoked Cab Lights, 4x VisionX 180w, Hella 500's

post #27 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
z3r0
The Man In Black

(Thread Starter)
the ones in the back. hegot the rear at the same tinme

post #28 of 32 Old 11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
RubberFrog
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX

Doh!

'07 QCSB, Flame Red 5.7 4x4 SLT
Performance:
Internal: Custom Cam, 180 T-Stat - Intake: Ported Throttle Body, K&N Filter - Exhaust: Edelbrock Shorties, Magnaflow Y Pipe, Raceland Cutout, Dumped Gibson Catback
Tuning & Monitoring: SuperChimps, Aeroforce Interceptor w/ afr
Suspension & Tires:
Lift: 6" Suspension, 3" Body Lift - Wheels: Custom Painted BMF S.O.T.A.s, 37" Trail Grapplers, Mopar Wheel Well Liners
Appearance:
Bed: Leer 100XQ Shell, Line-x XTRA, Defender Roof Rack - Other: SRT Hood, Bushwacker Pocket Flares,Tow Mirrors, Nerf Bars, 2500 Tow Hooks, Shorty Antenna, Tactical Grill
AV:
Tunes: Kenwood DDX512, Infinity Reference Speakers, Kicker 10" Sub, Kicker 400.1 Amp, FoxBox - Video: 10.4" TFT-LCD Flip-down Overhead Monitor, R Cam, Chuck Norris Kicked My Ass
Lighting:
Led Tails, Smoked Cab Lights, 4x VisionX 180w, Hella 500's

post #29 of 32 Old 11-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Mutt
MNST#1

Took mine for a limp mode drive yesterday morning and decided to stop in at a friends shop.. We put it on the lift an dropped the pan.. Didn't look good. Clutch materiel everywhere. So 45 min later the tranz was out an on the bench.. Yep.. Had a few burnt clutches.. Found some Alto Reds local so they went in and the trans is back up in the truck.. Just got to do the little stuff like driveshaft..o2's fluids.. cleanup.. Should be back out on the road by 10..

post #30 of 32 Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
compressor man

If the fluid is brownish, then you prolly got the fluid too hot and baked the clutches. You really need to check how much the Hellas are blocking the trany cooler. If you drop your pan and it is full of material, you will most likely need to replace the trans cooler as well. My trans went out at 5k and they replaced it and the converter, but left the cooler, well it was constricted and if it wasn't for my trany gauge, I would have burned up another one. Good luck, I too know the feeling of loosing a trany.

FRI'D 2007 Bright Silver QC 4X4 HEMI SLT SPORT. In the 13's
post #31 of 32 Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
ChadsGotAHemi
Chad Loves His Hemi

Send a message via MSN to ChadsGotAHemi
Sorry to hear... I truly hope It's something smaller and not a blown tranny!

The Truck:

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4x4, Towing Package 5.7 HEMI 17' Rims No Lift, GoodYear Wrangler SRA's 265/70/R17(Garbage)

Additions:

K&N Performance Cold Air Intake, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner, Roll-up Soft Tonneau Cover, Serius Satelite Radio, Cobra 29 CB Radio, Chrome Exhaust Tip, Recon Cab Lights, Chrome Door Handles & Gas-Cap, Lights Behind the Grille, 2.5" Leveling Kit, Chrome Bug Deflector

Will be put in VERY Soon:

Wish List:

Gibson or Magaflow Exhaust, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bull-Bar, New Grille, SuperChips!

post #32 of 32 Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 AM
crasher76
Im wired!!!

that sucks

Black 2003 QC SB SLT 4x4 Offroad 5.7L HEMI, Original Owner 3.92 LSD, 260 cam, 6.1 Rods/Springs, Home Ported/Polished Heads, Psc1, 04 Map sensor and Fuel pump assembly, Oil pressure guage, Amsoil, Champs, MSD 8.5MM Full length Wires, Transgo HD w/out resistor, Superchip, 180 T-Stat, K/N 77 Series, Ceramic Flowtech headers with Y-Pipe, Stage 8 locks, Ditched the cat, O2 sensor mod, Jack Rabbit bed cover, Sprayed bed liner, Big Mouth Grill-Black, Blackend Headlights/Tails, Silverstar ultras, Ditched all chrome, Custom 10's sub enclosure, Upgraded 160 amp alt, Window tint, Relocated purge valve, Energy suspension bushings, Rear spring clamps, Rebuilt front suspension, Ditched Sway Bar, Passport 8500 Radar Detector, Ditched the baby seat- kid wasnt mine, Cigarette burn in the seat mod, Debadged, Custom Rewired/Properly Grounded.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in