DodgeTalk Forum banner

kensum hid kit 05 ram 1500

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  next459 
#1 ·
I bought this kensum hid kit for my pickup a while ago and after hooking everything up and turning my headlights on. I found that in my low beams the lights will flicker on and off quickly. So I did some research online and ended up ordering an anti flicker kit made by the same brand. The info on this item said that it would eliminate the flickering of my low beams. Well it didn't do anything. All it did is add more crap under my hood. I am a caterpillar/AGCO service tech and deal with canbus electrical systems everyday. After utilizing my resources at work I found out my ecm is looking for a 2000 ohm resistance from the headlights and is not seeing it which is why my lamp out light is on and possibly why my low beams flicker. I am curious if anyone has ran into this issue and actually used this resistor because what my problem is now is on which wire do you install this resistor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.