5.9 swap ecm issues - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
onehotv8mopar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
5.9 swap ecm issues

i just finished my 92 5.9 swap. its standard bore, rhs heads, mopar m1 mpi intake, fastman throttle body, heddman headers, comp 264 cam, comp roller rockers, and kb 9.8to1 pistons. engine has almost 1,000 miles on it, and it just doesnt seem to have the power, the engine originally came out of a 92 van, ive tried the ecm out of the van and the engine runs like sh**. the 92 5.2 ecm drives good, but no power. i was going to buy a mopar perf. high perf. ecm, but will the 94 ecm work with the 92 set up already in the truck. i just dont want to waste 300$ that is kinda hard to come by right now. thanks for any info.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
dodgef25
Crazy4x4RT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Buy a 94-95 Ram 5.9 Mopar performance computer. That is what I did. I have a 5.9 tons of performance parts and the 94 MP. The only issue with it is the Rams came with a transmission temp sensor. The code will be stored for no trans temp sensor, but it will not be a check engine light.

1,000 times better. Trust me. Go to www.summitracing.com

Post up pics and videos.

Also if you have an automatic it will suck down the power. A Manual transmission will free up some. As well as an electric fan swap. Very easy, I did it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

"No truck should ever be lowerd! NEVER"
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in