DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rd Gen Ram Longevity - How many Miles does your Ram have?

315K views 1K replies 629 participants last post by  malaqua 
#1 ·
OK guys and gals, let's face it... some of our 3rd Gens are getting long in the tooth.......

This thread is for DT members with aging 3rd Gen Rams to post their current mileage and general state of their trucks' condition.......

My pampered '07 does not qualify...... LOL

I want to hear about some hard working 200k+ 3rd gen Rams that are still going strong!

:rck:

#366 · (Edited)
thanks for the welcome. My 06 has a lot of highway miles...and it still runs strooong.....had to replace front axle ujoints .just regular fluid changes . front seat repair.. my lights for my trailer wiring are messed up right now . i think it is from the four way that was added on .. oh had to buy some tires....

#370 ·
'07 bought it in March 0f '09 with 36,000 now has 51,000 with no troubles except tie rod's and the rack had a small leak all under warrenty other than that a strong running truck love it!

#372 ·
I replaced both hub bearings at about 100k, both sides upper and lower ball joints and control arms. I replaced drive shaft through the half shaft and then the A/C went out right after the warranty expired but I never got it fixed.

I changed the front/rear differential oil at about 60k and I haven't done anything with them since. I change the oil every 3000 miles with mobil 1 syn.

I replace the plugs every 50000 miles or so (which is a royal pita). It's a completely stock truck, no mods. I am a little concerned about the tranny right now because when I get up around 80mph on the highway and then back off accelerator, it feels like something is backwinding.

Good truck anyway!

#375 ·
just above 215000 in my 03 1500 4x4 hemi quad cab and get around 15mpg on the highway with alot of tools and supples in the bed back seat and ladder rack

#377 ·
My truck has 298500 miles on everything except the engine. Which was reworked at 100000 so it has about 200k on it. Just got it inspected and the Mechanic said he hasnt seen a better looking transmission on a truck with that many miles ever.

#379 ·
The hole that distributes the oil over the top of the engine got plugged up and it caused the engine to hurt so we got it cleaned up and it is running great ever since

#385 ·
125 just rolled going to work today put a radiator in it due to a nitrous backfire breaking it and 3 rear ends lol from launching at the track alot motor is fine

#386 ·
147,000 on my 03 1500 4x4...gets wailed on pretty good with the firefighter/ems side of me...passenger rear fender just broke through with some rust, drivers side is just started to bubble...daily driver, has done everything I need it to do and more...replaced the heater core, 1 front wheel bearing, both rear axle seals...still having a/c issues...see post in general talk for that

#390 ·
wow, add 150,000 and you'll be the same as my 05..lol

#392 ·
I have an 06 with almost 55K on it...

#394 ·
I have 82,000. I've done a full brake job and just replaced the radiator two weeks ago. There are a few dings on the body here and there, no biggie. I have bad cats so I will bee re-doing the exhaust system from the headers all the way through. I will bee replacing the front wheel-well liner on both sides. They're starting to look pretty bad. My headlights are looking a bit cloudy so I have to replace those as well. The tranny is shifting on the rough side so I'll bee changing the fluid on that soon to see if that does the trick. All in all, it's mostly routine maintenance but the bee is steady stinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.