Lost my only Key and Remote NEED HELP!!! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 8 Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Active

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Lost my only Key and Remote NEED HELP!!!

Ok guys ... i lost my only key and remote for my truck ... im thinking of buying a new remote and key at ikeyless.com but i dont know how to program it if i dont have the key or the exsisting remote please help!!!
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-15-2010, 11:02 PM
DartBoy01
Harrison

Go to the dealer with your VIN and proof that you own the vehicle and they should be able to cut you a new key. That's probably the best place to get a remote too but it will probably be pricey.

1999 Dakota R/T
Interior fully Dynamatted, B&M Hammer Shifter, 2" DJM Coils, Sir Michaels Roll Pan & Handle Relocator, '69 Camaro chin spoiler, K&N FIPK, Spintech Headers and full side exit exhaust, Mopar Performance PCM, Viper E-fan w/ Painless performance temp controller, F&B 52mm T-body, Mopar M1 2BBL intake, 180* T-stat, Dual A-pillar pod w/ AEM Wideband, AEM trans temp gauge, stock smoked tails, Clear corners and headlights with Morimoto mini projectors 6K HID and 3k fogs 20" Boss 330 wheels, Cal-Tracs, SRT-4 Seats, Performance built transmission with 2500 stall, Hotchkis sway bars, Energy Suspension poly bushing set.

Awaiting install: Hotchkis leaf springs, C-notch, Viper front brakes, Innovations Pro Sport Tonneau.

SCT Tuned by Hemifever!

Hopefully in the future...
408, 4.10 gears, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Rear disc conversion, cowl or shaker hood and more as I think of them.

My Project
1972 Dart Swinger Special
and eventually a 1978 Dodge D-100 Adventurer standard cab short bed W/ a 440!

post #3 of 8 Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 PM
MurderedHemi

350 a key is what i was quoted from the dealer in spring texas....

BANNED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
-Arana-
-Arana-

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
what year is your truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Express Hemi Ram
Flowmaster super44/Magnaflow Y pipe/Vararam Ram Air Intake/Belltech SP 2/4 drop/U-2 55 24s/5 inch Pypes black tips/1400 Pioneer DVD/Xtant 5Channel Amp/Kicker CVR 12/Pioneer 6x9s all around/ Viper Alarm 5704/Rear View Camera/Smoked Taillights/Smoked 3rd Brake light/LED Reverse and Cargo Lights/Debadged/Custom Texans Badges/LED bulbs everywhere/Switchbacks/Black housing headlights/Tint/Eyebrow Tint/Mr. Norms roof spoiler/

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Gone But not forgotten 2008 4.7 RAM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 AM
FreeLantz
Jeep Driver

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
If it's a programmable key (i.e., Sentry Key) a dealership is your only option.

David Lantz
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "10th Anniversary"

President, Texas Four Wheel Drive Organization Sugar Land Chapter
facebook.com/TX4WDSL

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

post #6 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Rocky31186

Send a message via AIM to Rocky31186
Quickest and easiest bet is to do what they said. Go to dealership. Just have a key made, get it towed there for them to program it and the remote.

At Toyota we can cut a key and program in like 5 min. Some cars the program is "insert key for 4 seconds, and remove" and it's done.

2006 Jeep GCSRT8 6.1L AWD

BT Catch Can - FRI LilBoy Cam - Magnaflow Exhaust - Vortech V-3 Blower - Johan Tuned - Stage I Injectors - Aero340 Fuel Pump - Eibach Lowering Kit - Boost/AirFuel/Fuel Pressure Gauges.

post #7 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 07:10 AM
03 Rammer
AROD'S TRUCK

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You will have to take it to the dealership No questions asked. Keys are not 350 bucks dont let that scare you. Dodge ram key w/transmitter I believe are like 150-170 plus program. Older keys 90ish for the key and 100 for the keyfob.

Im a parts advisor for Chrysler LLC and know what Im talking about.

Good luck

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Rollin on some 19.5s. Quadzilla Adrenaline w/Iquad, leveled,KC light bar 4 Rally 8 lights and a lot of smaller add-ons.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 07:57 AM
rye
Retired DT Staff

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Buy the key off ebay, then bring it to the dealer. WAY cheaper.

DODGETALK.COM MODERATOR
─────────────────────────────────────────────
5.9 2003 1500 4x4
─────────────────────────────────────────────

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:

Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in