changing trans pan - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 3 Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
fannitti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
changing trans pan

i plan on changing my trans pan to a bigger one. i have the mag-hytec trans pan and somone told me that i need to use differant bolts to hold it in and not stock ones. said i need to retap the holes to make then bigger? true any imput would be great thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-21-2010, 05:29 PM
MikeHTally
Got 2 Hemis

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
If you're careful, you shouldn't need new bolts. Some folks have snapped a few re-installing the pan. As long as you get the same size, you won't need to retap the tranny body. Remember, 105 in/lbs when you tighten them down. I did mine in two stages. 85 in/lbs in a criss-cross pattern, then snug 'em up.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-22-2010, 07:42 AM
nateroach

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Mag-Hytec pan comes with stainless hex head screws. Those worked fine for me when I installed mine. Just go in the criss cross pattern and sung them up followed by final torque. Just make sure that you are careful when torquing them down, the trans case in just aluminum and those new SS bolts are much stronger than stock. If you voer tighten the new bolts you could damage the trans case, vs shearing off the bolts (which has been documented to happen with the stock bolts).

Nateroach

2007 QC 4X4 HEMI Big Horn Patriot Blue

MODS:K&N Drop In/Magnaflow CatBack/Superchips Cortex/Access Laredo Cover/Line X/ Mag-Hytec on Trans and Diff/Magnaflow Y pipe/Bilstein 5100's/Cooper AT3's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in