Closed Thread

post #1 of 4 Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
bigredhemi06

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ac troubles

does anyone have an idea or know what is wrong with my ac it comes on but does not blow hard on high and blows real low and it whistles when it is on. does anyone know anything about it? please let me know you can email me at [email protected]
thanks
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 AM
dmcelhannon
Admin - David Mack

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredhemi06 View Post
does anyone have an idea or know what is wrong with my ac it comes on but does not blow hard on high and blows real low and it whistles when it is on. does anyone know anything about it? please let me know you can email me at [email protected]
thanks
Welcome to DT!

Two things come to mind - the fan and the blend door.

I am always having problems with trash getting sucked into my blower fan. The only good thing about it is the fan can be removed real easy. The fan motor is located under the glove box. There are three Phillips head and one torx head screws that need to be loosen or removed. The Phillips heads hold the fan motor in place and the torx screw secures a rap-around wire holder. The hardest part is disconnecting the wiring harness from the fan. It not a must but it makes removing the fan easier because the fan will not be hanging by the wiring harness. Once the fan motor is removed, you can check it for trash, leaves, or whatever might have gone sucked into the fan. If that’s the problem, you just give everything a good wipe down and reinstall it.

You did say if you had tried changing the air flow setting from the dash to the floor or windshield. You also didn’t say anything about the recirculate setting. If you get good air flow at the floor or window but very little at the dash, you could have a bad blend door. It’s a common problem on the Dodge truck and if you’ll type in Blend Door in the search, you see where a few DT members have put together a thread that shows you how to fix the problem short of take the truck to the dealer. If you get under the dash with a small flashlight, you can look inside the tunnel just past the fan and you can see the blend door. It should be flat against one of the opening but if the hinge is broken, it could be jammed in the hole. That would be why you’re not getting any air from the fan.

I do hope it just some junk in the fan and it’s an easy fix.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blower Fan.jpg (229.6 KB, 6 views)

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

post #3 of 4 Old 06-06-2010, 01:02 AM
dmcelhannon
Admin - David Mack

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
While looking for something else, I ran across the fix-it DT thread.

https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...ht=heater+core

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 91K/3588hrs, 4.56 R&P/DTT, Sonnax Line Booster, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer-case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, 2-Speed DCC E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 AM
steev0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The exact same thing happened to me the other day. It is going to be your recirculation door. very easy fix. Take the 3 bolts holding your blower motor out and pull it down. then reach up in the hole and you will feel something laying across the hole. well thats your recirculation door that fell down across the blower motor. just manuver it so you can pull it out through the opening. Yes it will fit out there. this should be whats wrong with it. i had the EXACT same thing happen to me as well as many others on here. the only thing that recirc door does is let you use the recirc options on the fan directions.

04 ram 2500 QC ST 4X4 HEMI

Exterior/Suspension:
5in procomp lift, Carli Adjustable Track Bar, Pure Performance Sway Bar End Links, Bilstein Gas Shocks, 08.5 Steering Upgrade, Moog Ball Joints, 20in Chrome Xd Rockstars on 37/13.5/20 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Color Matched Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares, Carr Hoop Steps, Westin Bull Bar, Cheap Chrome Handle Covers, Recon Clear Cab Lights, 8000k H.I.D. with Recon Projector Headlights, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Recon L.E.D. tail lights

Performance:
Superchips Cortex, Airraid Intake, Magnaflow Muffler, DMH 3in Exhaust cutout, Soon to be 4.56 gears front and rear

Interior:
Doubledin Radio Bezel with Pioneer 4300dvd touchscreen headunit, 2 Jl12w6 subs powered by Hifonics 2000Watt Amp, 0 Gauge Wire Upgrade from alternator to battery and all grounds, Power locks and Windows (finally)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in