need some help pls.. - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 6 Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Blue3rdGen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
need some help pls..

My check engine light came on the day my inspection expired and i checked the codes, its the oxygen sensors on the left side (1/1, 1/2). I want to take them off and clean them like I saw in another thread because it seems weird to me that they both went out, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know where they are located and not too sure what they look like .. so take it easy on me guys thanks..

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job"

WAD3 for MVP!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Blue3rdGen

(Thread Starter)
i pulled the code p0031 h02s heater circuit low bank 1 sensor 1 by turning the key back and forth.. does that mean its only the oxygen sensor before the cat? I'm confused now because its all I got, I originally thought it was bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 because I took it to vatozone and was given the codes that said the 2 oxygen sensors were faulty..

WAD3 for MVP!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-04-2010, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Blue3rdGen

(Thread Starter)
ok based off the code p0031 I bought a new oxygen sensor and unplugged the battery for a good 10 mins.. then I drove not even halfway around the block and the check engine light came back on!! I did the turn key trick when I got home and the same error code popped up.. pls help I need to get my truck inspected, what do I do now?

WAD3 for MVP!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
TwinStick

Did you replace the O2 sensor or not ??? For as easy as they are to clean---especially on a Texas vehicle, I'd just take them all out & clean them. I have done this before & it has worked both times on 2 of my previous trucks. Clean with a very fine abrasive paper till it is nice & shiny, put some anti-sieze on the threads & re-install. I did buy an O2 socket though. It helps to remove them without damage.

08' PowerWagon w/6-speed manual G-56. 05' 30' toyhauler camper.(10,500lbs)
Hellwig LoadPro 35 bolt on 4 leaf helper springs.
No honey, I'm NOT done buying shit for the truck yet !!!
PurpleCrainium Diff Guards
K&N air filter --- WeatherGuard 20" black bed toolbox.
winch TPC bypass
Dual battery set up w/2 Sears DieHard Platinums-Gp 65 under hood-Gp 31 Marine deep cycle in bed toolbox w/plug-n-play set up. Custom 2000/4000w inverter set up w/quick connect. Triple bike mounts above the bed- custom made by me.
Crapload of recovery gear-always subject to adding more.
Fab Four rear bumper. Soon to be- a BuckStop Baja front bumper.--Temporarily on hold, see reason below.
Installed: Borgeson #000951 steering shaft. PSC steering brace(notched for PW by Rusty-thanks bud). Carli HD CroMo adjustable track bar. Carli CroMo control arms. Carli HD upper & lower balljoints x 2 sets (replaced under warrenty) & triple sealed u-joints in front axle shafts & rear driveshaft. Moog HD tierod ends x 4. Running total is now $4800. Yup, now i'm broke !!!

What, you ask, is the difference between a Dodge Ram and a PowerWagon ?? PW frame part # 55398868AC---Reg 2500 #55398813AC
About 2" taller, 12,000lb winch w/mounting brace between framerails,electronic disconnecting swaybar(for awsome articulation),electronic locking axles front & rear(for true 4-wheel drive),tow pkg, fully skidplated,forged one piece Alcoa rims w/internal beadlock lips,larger diameter(one ton) axleshaft in rear,160 amp alt,HD battery,4.56 gears,low range electronic recalibration of gas pedal sensitivity,more but thinner leafs in rear spring pack(for better articulation), 33" BFG All-Terrain tires. 78.016:1 crawl ratio. All for $6100.00 more! Oh yeah, almost forgot-Bilstein shocks. Gear ratios: 1st 6.29:1 2nd 3.48:1 3rd 2.10:1 4th 1.38:1 5th 1.0:1 6th .79:1.. Rev 5.74:1.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Blue3rdGen

(Thread Starter)
yes I replaced the upstream oxygen sensor and Im still getting the p0031 error code.. I had the guy at autozone check it and they are getting p0031 and p0037. Sry for all the questions I just honestly dont know what I am doing when it comes to sensors and such.. could it be a relay or a fuse?

WAD3 for MVP!!!!!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Blue3rdGen

(Thread Starter)
just updating I got the check engine light off and by changing the fuse and replacing the upstream 02 sensor but came back on today, checked the code and its p0420 so I guess I have to replace the rear 2..

WAD3 for MVP!!!!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in