How to get the Service 4wd light off - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 5 Old 04-01-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
PowerWagonBezzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to get the Service 4wd light off

So I did the locker hardwire and the manual smart bar conversion on my 2005 Dodge Power Wagon, I should have done this sooner as it nice to have lockers in 4 high and also rear locker in 2wd. So my question is has anyone figured out a way to get the Service 4wd light out besides getting behind the instrument cluster and pulling the bulb out, I have been trying to read up on the wiring schematics to fool the light to turn off but no luck yet.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-02-2019, 08:43 PM
guyonearth

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
First off, there is no "bulb", it's an LED on a circuit board, more than likely. Short of taking it apart and painting it black, I'm not sure how you would defeat it.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-03-2019, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
PowerWagonBezzz

(Thread Starter)
Well damm Eh!!!
post #4 of 5 Old 04-03-2019, 08:16 AM
guyonearth

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The warning light is doing what it is supposed to, which is indicating what the PCM sees as an error condition, caused by the modifications you made. Changing that interpretation, or even just turning off the indicator, would require modifying the PCM firmware, which is beyond the scope of most shops.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-03-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
PowerWagonBezzz

(Thread Starter)
The main reason for going with the locker bypass was that the sensor in the rear locker was malfunctioning causing my service 4wd light to come on and off for the last six months, it also prevented my lockers staying locked when four wheeling and now I can hit all the harder obstacles on the trails which is more fun fun fun!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in