Introduction Post - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 7 Old 07-27-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
RustyBumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Introduction Post

Hi yall. I tried this last night but I guess it didn't go through. Wish I could get my post on here though and maybe start getting some answers. Have gotten a lot of great information on this site and I think together we can nail down this P1763 code in my 99 Ram 1500 2WD
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
RustyBumper

(Thread Starter)
Maybe this is on here now. Please help. I have just dragged home a pretty clean 99 1500 Laramie ext. cab pickup with a bad transmission. I pulled the trans from my 99 reg cab truck that towed this one home, so known working proven truck and trans. installed tranny in 'new' truck and we now have a P1763 code. I grabbed a great schematic online and did some testing with my DVOM. KOEO I am getting 5.14V at C2 pin 29 straight off the computer pin. (Tested this at the trans plug, got the same result after replacing the wire all the way down so I pulled the connector to test straight off the computer's corresponding pin.) This condition means that Governor pressure solenoid circuit is shorted to supply voltage. I yanked the computer from the donor truck and both have same part number so I swapped it in 'new' truck and have the same condition. Any thoughts on how to proceed and test next. The guy I purchased from wired in a remote start and new BT stereo system. Thinking of removing all that before I proceed.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-31-2017, 01:42 AM
RankinX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBumper View Post
Maybe this is on here now. Please help. I have just dragged home a pretty clean 99 1500 Laramie ext. cab pickup with a bad transmission. I pulled the trans from my 99 reg cab truck that towed this one home, so known working proven truck and trans. installed tranny in 'new' truck and we now have a P1763 code. I grabbed a great schematic online and did some testing with my DVOM. KOEO I am getting 5.14V at C2 pin 29 straight off the computer pin. (Tested this at the trans plug, got the same result after replacing the wire all the way down so I pulled the connector to test straight off the computer's corresponding pin.) This condition means that Governor pressure solenoid circuit is shorted to supply voltage. I yanked the computer from the donor truck and both have same part number so I swapped it in 'new' truck and have the same condition. Any thoughts on how to proceed and test next. The guy I purchased from wired in a remote start and new BT stereo system. Thinking of removing all that before I proceed.
If i understand correctly, you've taken the transmission, computer and wires from the working donor truck and transferred all of it into the new truck?

When you clear the code, does it comes back right away when you start the engine or is it when you put it in gear?

Does the transmission operate at all? is it in limp mode?

2 Liters is a softdrink, not an engine size.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-31-2017, 01:51 AM
RankinX

Garage
Try to use electrical cleaner on all the plugs of the transmission's harness.

2 Liters is a softdrink, not an engine size.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-01-2017, 03:11 AM
carid
DodgeTalk Expert

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Welcome to this awesome site and info center. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Feel free to reach out if any needed!

Dodge Experts

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
post #6 of 7 Old 08-02-2017, 10:27 PM
KENNY60

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi hope to find some help with my 05 Dakota. On way to work it just shut off. Totally just shut off dead in the street. Checked fuses all okay. A light on dash came on (lightening bolt) an in manual its listed as 19. Looked in manual an it says "Does not apply - the indicator is not available " well it's on an in my dash!
Anyway, truck will not turn over at all an the gearshift is shifting through each gear without foot on the break even. Can someone please give me an idea of what to check next? This truly has me stumped. Wife read about pulling out fuse 23 an starting it but nothing happened. Thanks alot!
post #7 of 7 Old 08-05-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
RustyBumper

(Thread Starter)
Thank you Rankinx for your response. Yes the truck has trans., wiring harness, alternator and TPS from donor truck. The code shows up immediately after starting every time i clear it. Truck will drive but i must engage first gear manually by shifting to N then down to 1 every time i stop. After that t shifts normally and even kicks down to pass, although it doesn't feel like I'm getting the necessary timing advance. So I think I'm definitely stuck in limp home mode.
I've tried 3 different PCMs all with the same result. One of them from donor truck. I did get after the remote starter and just as I suspected, was wired to be a fire hazard and had to go. Repaired the wires it was rigged to. Is there a BCM on this truck he may have fried?
The stereo install was done with aftermarket harness directly to factory harness so I've ruled it out. I've put about 900 miles on the truck engaging1st manually and fluid is holding up well. We just need to get her out of limp home mode.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in